TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO TEMPTATIONS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jaswags, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We book our pick up though the resort( about 35 bucks) and take a taxi back to the airport about 25 bucks. Only problem was last Aug, our pick up wasnt there. Besides that all has been great. Terry

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    options

What is cancun valet... that cell phone rental idea sounds different. . . I was just wondering what calling option i was going to use down there, My cell service is great but they just upped the rates to where its not worth it. and I hate being stuck to a pay phone if i have to make numerous calls.

3. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you have At&t you can get Mexico calling for one month(5.00 a month)then cancel it when you return. much cheaper. But we dont call as much as Beverly so she could tell you more. Terry

4. backs13

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    phone

Thanks Terry, I usually dont call that much or I say I do not plan on it , until I get a few too many Tequilas in me and decide to rub it in to all the cold new yorkers ha ha...I have sprint and they have a 5 dollar mexico charge also, but the rates are still bad , it lowers the minutes charge and connection fee but still makes it about 50 cents a minute. . . I was wondering if a pay as you go phone would be an idea for down there or if they even have them

5. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Beverly can tell you more but I think they rent a phone and buy mins, just like a per paid phone here. Must be cheap way to call, if you are talking in Mexico. Not sure about calling the States. Terry

6. rflashman

rflashman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: phone

Sprint has towers in Cancun? Or is this the Sprint GSM option (Sprint world-travel SIM card required)?

(It is questions like that why I stick to AT&T)

7. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my Sprint/Nextel direct connect works down there, my phone doesnt unless I set it up to, but I have used direct connect the past several times I have been there...

I just take a picture of the beautiful pools/resort and send that back to them back in ~~~cold~~~~ Chicago...

8. MikenJules

MikenJules Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    there is a bus from the airport to the hotel. but i dont want to take it what should it cost to get there and who do we use. If someone can tell us. Thank You

9. backs13

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Re: phone

There is no SIM card required for Sprint, and the service is excellent down there, just the price is a bit high, I have friends with Verizon and AT&T and they all seem to have about the same rates, I actually get better service in Cancun then I do at my house, Its just the minute charge that adds up quick if your like me and do a lot of drunk talking by accident haha. If not Your cell should be good.

10. dsviera2003

dsviera2003 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used "Best Day" on a previous trip and they had our names on the list twice. They double booked us and would not return our money for the second booking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice