Transportation from Airport to GP

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Ga_SunSeeker, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Ga_SunSeeker

Ga_SunSeeker Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got a question for those who have been to the Golden.. How does transportation work from the airport to the hotel? Is their cabs/bus' outside that can take us? I've seen some comment that they purchased transportation (in advance)-- since i didnt do that just curious as to what to expect..

2. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We have always reserved transportation ahead of time... You can do so right on this site........ I'm guessing you can hail a cab at the airport but you need to be savvy as to what they should charge you....:aktion069:

3. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no don't do a cab - you're gonna pay a lot more - it's up to you - if you want a private transfer it's gonna cost you up to $50-60 one way.

Olympus Tours is the cheapest shared transfer...only $12 each way per person.

Olympus Tours: Transfers in Cancun, Riviera Maya. Hotels & Flights

I called them directly and booked round-trip transfers in advance - just $24 per person. They'll email you the vouchers - just print them out and bring with you and you're set

786-338-9358 (US Florida #)

Hope this helps

ps: did you not book a package deal? Usually it comes with transfers or there's an option to buy them (about $34 per person I think usually) - but they charge a few bucks more than contacting the transfer service directly - so it's probably good you didn't buy them in advance - you'll save $10 per person

4. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    :aktion061: Yikes 50 to 60 dollars for one way........ yep you can easily do a roundtrip for that if you reserve ahead......:icon_mrgreen:

5. ScorpioMCN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep and it's actually $70-90 to Playa del Carmen (a private transfer that is) depending on which company you use- Gray Line seems to be the cheapest for private transfers (I got one for $70) - Lomas and Olympus each wanted around $90

6. Matt and Amber

Matt and Amber Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    We have used Entertainment Plus Cancun the past 3 times and I have them booked again for our April visit. Its a private car\van that takes you directly from the airport to the resort and then if you want back again. We have always done the round trip and never had any problems. They are always at the airport waiting and then again at the resort ready to pick you up just as promised.

[SIZE=+1]Cancun Airport Transfers[/SIZE]
    Car for 1-3 people Cancun Hotel Zone [SIZE=+1] One Way $35; Round Trip [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]$55[/SIZE]
    Van for 4-7 people Cancun Hotel Zone One Way $40; Round Trip $65
    Van for 8-10 people Cancun Hotel Zone[SIZE=+1] One Way $45; Round Trip [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]$70[/SIZE]

Car for 1-3 people Playa del Carmen One Way $59; Round Trip $109
    Van for 4-7 people Playa del Carmen One Way $69; Round Trip $120
    Van for 8-10 people Playa del Carmen One Way $79; Round Trip $125
    This time we are also going to use them for an excursion

7. Ga_SunSeeker

Ga_SunSeeker Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, we booked through expedia.. They didn't mention transfers so im not sure what their prices are.. I will check out the link you suggested. Thank you

8. MNMusician

MNMusician Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about a return trip from the GP to the airport? It seems like a taxi should be cheaper since they don't have to pay the airport charge. We've booked a one-way through Lomas Travel from the airport to the GP but haven't done anything going the way.

9. ScorpioMCN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope - it's just $12 per person each way using a shared transfer with Olympus (others are comparable price) - as Matt and Amber pointed out above, the service they use is cheaper if you've got 3 or more people in your group - I've been to Cancun 12x - expect to pay $50 by taxi (yes that's one way back to the airport) - not kidding! Taxis are ALWAYS the most expensive mode of transportation - unless you're like taking a helicopter or something lol. As always, NEGOTIATE the price BEFORE you get in ANY taxi otherwise you're going to be in for a big surprise! trust me - best to use the shared transfers to/from airport or city bus if going to clubs/shopping (very cheap 7 or 8 pesos I think) unless you're a rich fat cat and have money to burn - everything's in a straight line - so very easy to get to by bus.

10. 87crxsi

87crxsi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used USA Transfers. Got a private transfer to and from the resort for about 60.00. We got to the resort a lot faster then the shared transport that was included in our trip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice