Traffic Offenses

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Aug 26, 2013.

1. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's too bad there isn't a cop around every time someone drives like a rude idiot in this town, not referring to V, of course. I get so sick and tired of people acting like none of the traffic rules apply to them. Why is it people in Merida can drive like normal human beings, but Cancun motorists drive like uneducated heathens? Probably because of education and strict law enforcement. I wouldn't even mind getting a ticket now and then just to see the laws enforced. Has anyone noticed how people shoot out of the glorieta at Kabah and Tulum from the innermost lane and cross all the other lanes to exit? Then, if you don't move over to let them cross in front of you, they look at you like you're a total jerk. Is there some traffic law here that I don't know about?

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tristan,

My take is that most folks in Merida were born and raised near there and learned to drive there.

The "heathens" you refer to are usually from Mexico City. I had no idea one car length could be a life or death situation for some drivers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice