TR Apr 2-8

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by jandpyoung, Apr 11, 2014.

1. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the trip report.. Sorry that you all had a bad time.. I just really hope, that they are reading these reports and try to fix the staff/problems that all of people are talking about.. Keeping my fingers crossed...

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    This just sucks... dam I'm sorry you guys had such a bad time... I think I would be furious if this was my trip.. like you said you want to be waited on.. somewhat taken care of..
    Thank you for taking the time for this detailed trip report..

3. beachcpl4fun

beachcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Im the same way with coffee in the morning and was surprised that the coffee bar in the VIP lounge doesnt have regular coffee. I discovered that they have big carafes of coffee sitting by the checkin for the buffet with to-go cups. So you can go there anytime in the AM for a cup of coffee and not have to even go into the buffet place. Made me much happier once i found it.

4. mnjvegas

mnjvegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about your trip. Were in the service industry ourselves and thats one thing we cant overcome on a vacation is bad customer service. It seems you guys have the patience of saints also.

We can have fun if we were at a AA meeting but bad customer service just doesnt fly with us. Were hoping the management can get on top of this as this is a problem directly related to their management ( or lack thereof). Good customer service can even make a 2 star hotel seem like a 4 star its a shame they havent embraced that at this place yet

We booked for december so Im sure this place has enough time to turn it around if they are looking to be successful.

It was disappointing to read but I appreciate you guys writing an honest report.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a total bummer to read but I'm thankful you posted it none the less.

When we toured
    GOV in December we were impressed by the facility and beach and looking forward to vacationing there a year later after the new concept had a year under its belt.
    Of course, one thing you can't really gauge from a tour is customer service!!

It really is a shame. The coffee thing would have sent me over the edge!

We are also "planning" on going in December but if this isn't remedied by then we will probably go back to TTR. Hopefully eight months is long enough to get the party in full effect and get the service on track. I'm glued to the trip reports for now.

Thanks for your detailed report! These are the things we need to know.

6. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I can tell you are exactly the kind of people we'd love to party with, so I was waiting with bated breath for your report. I can't believe it, but it's the coffee thing that just pushed me over the edge. I was really looking forward to the coffee bar...but holy sh#t--how can a hotel with a coffee bar make it so difficult to get coffee?! Seems symbolic of a lot of the "over promise, under deliver" issues that are a common thread through everyone's reports.

Close friends of ours get back tomorrow, and I have a feeling that we'll be changing our reservation to TTR after we talk to them.

7. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    I went to the entrance to the buffet 4 times trying to get coffee...it was always empty and the girl with the constant frown acted as though she could care less. Once when I told her it was empty, she mumbled something about having to be seated to get coffee.

Yep...here I am just whining about nothing again. lol

8. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I don't blame you one bit...

9. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    summerbum, could you please post what the friends reported to you? Still have not booked. The "understaff" thing is what gets me. I can deal with everything else except having to wait because they need one more bartender. That is what irritates me.:mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice