TR - 10/25 to 11/1 - Pics Added

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by C5xcitmt, Nov 2, 2008.

1. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, what a week!!!

On Friday I began feeling ill but I thought it was nothing that a little fun in the sun and some alcohol could not fix. On Saturday morning we woke up at 2:00 am to make our 6:10 flight. The flight to Cancun and the trip thru customs was a breeze…Man I love Cancun. It truly felt like coming home.

We arrived at the Resort after waiting for 20 minutes for our shuttle to arrive, we really couldn’t complain because it was free and the driver was very informative. The renovations of the lobby really transformed the lobby into a swanky place to chill out; not that we chilled out very often. Our room wasn’t ready so we headed to the Sexy Pool in hopes of finding Ian & Nat which wasn’t very hard as Ian was front and center participating in an activity. Steph and Bob arrived shortly after we did and then the party began.

Sunday morning we woke up refreshed until Roberto (El Embarcado) served me a few too many Mimosas thus beginning my early morning alcoholism sessions. We spent most of the time by the Sexy Pool and met Matt & Susan. By Sunday afternoon I was beginning to feel even more ill and decided it was probably in my best interest to go to the Hospital. Long story short, we went to Hospital Galenia which was very impressive. I was in and out of the emergency room within 60 minutes and for around $80 which included the visit and three different medications; this was much less than my insurance co-pay (We Americans are really getting screwed but that’s a whole other rant). So if you ever get sick in Cancun I highly recommend Hospital Galenia. We were able to make it back in time to the Resort to attend dinner with the rest of the Crew at the Asian Wok; the dinner was phenomenal. I didn’t stay up late but Rob hung out with Ian at Paty’Os and they got pretty tore up.

Monday morning I was feeling much better enough but we decided to save up our energy for Coco Bongo’s so we made a quick trip to Kukculan Plaza to get my watch repaired. I needed a new battery and since no one in our area is authorized to change Tag Heuer batteries I am required to ship it to Switzerland to the tune of $125. The watch shop at Luxury Avenue (authorized Tag Repair shop as well Rolex) was able to change it for $20 by Wednesday. Did I tell you I love Cancun???? I entered the Miss Hot Legs Competition along with Steph & Nat. Both Steph and I put on a good show but is wasn’t as good as Nat’s! Nat defended her title and was crowned Miss Hot Legs. Coco Bongo’s was a blast although we missed the whole Steph-Susan incident; I think Rob was really depressed to miss it. A quick stop at Margarita’s for a burger and then it was off to bed. Although Ian stayed at Margaritas for a little fun; it seems as though the whole resort has a universal remote which meant he could turn it to channel 12. He was a little drunk so he quickly got caught. I am sure you’ll hear more about it in their TR.

Tuesday morning I was back to a 100%. We finally had time to hang out with Mike & Kasi (M-n-K), they are a hoot. Morning aerobics stated the activities for the day off unfortunately it was really chilly and windy and no one wanted in the pool. Steph and I took one for the “team” and decided to participate in the aerobics session after which we were surprised with a body painting competition. The 2 of the 3 guys who also took one for the team were happy to paint on Steph & I‘s body although they were not as happy as the guy who had “T“ painting his body. Steph and her team mate took 1st place and won a t-shirt and Gucci Chain. After dinner we watched the show at the resort and then hung out at Paty’Os; Nice Shoes shut done quickly after the show which was a bummer because I was raring to go!!!

Wednesday arrived and Rob, Steph, Bob, and myself made a trip to Isla Mujeres. We rented a golf cart and spent the day seeing the sights and doing a little shopping. It was a blast especially when Rob almost booted us off the golf cart when he wasn’t paying attention and hit a speed bump at full speed. Ouch, that’s going to leave a mark. We ate lunch at Sunset Grill and they had the best shrimp cocktail, it was a meal in of itself. If you get a chance to go to the Isla I would recommend eating at Sunset Grill. Wednesday night we hung out with Ian and Mike and Kasi at Paty’Os. Let me explain the night this way. Paty’Os, 10 shots, 10 cosmos, strawberry shortcake costume, and changing in the middle of Paty’Os. If you were there you would understand, if you were not there use your imagination.

Needless to say I was still pretty drunk on Thursday morning, I don’t think I sobered up until Thursday night. I actually overslept my spa appointment and when I went in to apologize and reschedule they pretty much laughed and said it happened all the time. Rob and I broke off from the group and had a quiet dinner at El Piccare. The food and the service were phenomenal. I finally had the opportunity to experience the sexy coffee, we were clapping after our waiter was done making it. If you have a chance you need to experience the Sexy Coffee. After dinner was the PJ contest which the cutest 70 year old women won, there was no question in anyone’s mind about it. Everyone in the room loved her and her confidence and all of girls want to be her when we grow up.

On Friday Rob and I participated in the Perfect Couple contest along with Ian & Nat and Bob & Steph. Wow Steph you really had sexy in a phone booth? That’s flexibility. If you were there Rob slamming me into the wall for the “kiss off” only sounded bad, the metal “sign” is very flexible. It didn’t leave a mark. We lost to Nat & Ian by 1 point and we think there was a little Canadian bias ;) Rob played Tequila Volleyball while I had a hot stone massage…It was wonderful. Rob’s team lost which wasn’t a bad thing considering “T” was on their team. Per Rob “she is a real women”. T is really easy on the eyes and she is a blast in a different way then Chinos. She is a little more laid back and not so much in your face but her enthusiasm is contagious.

For a last hurrah the crew wanted to eat dinner at El Piccare again, unfortunately the restaurant was booked full. Fortunately that does not deter Rob. Rob slipped the Maitre De $50 and they promptly found room. We spent the remaining evening, after the costumer contest, hanging out at Paty’Os drinking.

Saturday morning was a sad morning as it was our last. We met up with everyone for our last breakfast. Roberto (our waiter all week) served me 3 oversize Mimosas which left me with quite the buzz. It was really sad to go as we truly love the resort and Mexico but we will be back again next year. It was also sad to leave our friends both new and old.

I know that has been a lot of discussion about the change in entertainment staff. We thought that “T” was great, Nikki was a little stand offish almost to the point that you don’t think she likes her job. Jose and Charlie (little Omar) are also a lot of fun. The participation in the events this year were quite low but I think it was due to the crowd and the lack of vacationers (hotel occupancy was at 44% while we were there). Please go with an open mind because the staff is good but their approach and style are very different from Chinos and Lalo.

Here is the link to our G rated pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32275969@N06/

2. matt and susan

matt and susan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was great meeting you guys, glad you had a great trip. I wish we would have all had a little more time together, you guys would have liked Ed and Susan from Alaska and Chet and Keith were a ball!! Who knows, maybe we'll meet up again sometime in the future. Take care!!!

Susan

3. Joel & Paula

Joel & Paula Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Great TR Rob & Amber! Sure hate we were not able to be there with all of you. So where are the pics? Send us a few when you get a chance :lol:

4. trishp816

trishp816 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be there next year with ya for sure - let us know when you book. Also need to talk about Disney when you get time - miss you guys LOVE YA!

5. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the TR
    :cool:

6. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had an awesome, AWESOME time with you guys!!

I've been doped up on cold medicine, so I haven't even yet begun to look @ all the pics we took.. Should be interesting.

Oh, and I was in Margaritas getting a hot dog and someone said "Yeah this Canadian newlywed was telling me I could bring my remote in here and switch it to channel 12!" PRICELESS!!!!!!!

I'll have the pics + the trip report posted soon!

-Kasi

7. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys were a blast!! We had over 700 pictures that we need to sort thru....You guys had a camera? I seriously don't remember.

We'll post pics once we sort thru them.

We are looking at returning in May.

8. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Glad you guys had a nice time,was great meeting you !

9. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are hoping to return in May again but will not know until we get our housing situation sorted out.

10. bosteph

bosteph Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a week! Amber's report was so good, I can't even add anything - EXCEPT - bang, bang, bang, stab, stab, stab....rofl

Bob and I are definitely up for May BUT...

We can't go the week before Memorial Day. I have a National Sales Meeting that week and I can't get out of it. :(

We can go on May 23rd and stay for as long as the money holds out - which could be a long time if we sleep on the beach. :)

On AlphaRooms that week is going for about $1060. Let us know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice