Tourism Writing Opportunities in English?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunWordWhiz, May 15, 2009.

1. WebDesigner

WebDesigner Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi Christina.
    I don't wanna sound discouraging, but with the way things are finances-wise in Mexico (and the whole world for that matter), I'm inclined to say that most local companies would rather publish an ad in poor English than spending money on hiring someone that will help them improve sales via better English.

So this may not be the easiest way to make money in Cancun. Some board-members may disagree, but for what I've seen, it wont be easy to supplement your income this way.

2. CancunWordWhiz

CancunWordWhiz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Info Thanks

Hello Ms. CancunCanuck! Thanks for the well-wishes on my travels. I'll see you soon.

And thank you, WebDesigner, for being so candid. I'm going to make it all work, one way or another. If you have any leads, please pass them along.

Hasta pronto!

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You may be right about this. But I think that there are still companies which are smart enough to realize that it is a big mistake to approach your customers without speaking their language properly.

My own business, which sometimes involves writing for clients, has slowed a little with the economic slowdown. But I'm so GRATEFUL for the slowdown! This is the first time in 4 years that I've faced even the remote possibility of catching up on my work.

And it's my experience that everyone I know in the web development world is still busy. No matter how slow it is people still need their web sites, or so it seems.

Christina - I think that if you develop skills for writing for search engines it will help you land writing jobs. Many people can write but not many can write well for both search engines and humans.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice