Topless ?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mike & Jules, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Mike & Jules

Mike & Jules Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are thinking of staying at one of the Iberostar resorts, or the Gran Bahia Akumel or perhaps the Hilton in Cancun. I'll be away from home where nobody knows me and I am considering going topless on the beach and/or pool if the hotel allows it. :D

What are the accepted local customs on sunbathing topless? I've heard the Riviera Maya is a bit more European and it's not a big deal down there.

Any advice?
    Jules

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun is refocusing thier "Image" to more of a "Family" image. Most Hotels may ask you to put your top on, the Hilton definatley will.
    However the beaches are public and they can not really tell you what to do. I encourage you just simply use some discretion when you go topless. :cool:

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless you're staying at an adults only resort the hotel will frown on your being topless on their property.

They, of course, can't control what you do on the public beach but the Hilton is a family friendly resort so there will be kids on the beach. You may nto be the most popular traveler with some of the parents if you choose to go topless in front of their kids.

Not getting into whether americans are too uptight about the topless thing but as a matter of practicality, the Hilton really wouldn't be the ideal resoret if going topless is on your agenda.

Playa is a more laid back when it comes to that but each rereosrt is going to have their own policy. The only way to guarentee that it will be allowedaroud the pool area is to go to an adults only resorts that specifically allows it.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your intent is to go topless, then you should pick a resort that clearly allows it.

As far as local custom, you won't see any locals going topless.

Michelle

5. Mike & Jules

Mike & Jules Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just something I'm considering....not dead set on it by any means. Was planning to see what everyone else is doing before deciding on my own.

6. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While at the Riu Cancun last year, we did see people around the pool areas and the beach topless. This is a family resort and I must say there was some of the guests that wasn’t happy. No one approached the topless guests from the hotel staff to tell them they could not do it. From what I could see from the signs they had around the pools, there was no info on this subject. I even read the rules booklet that was in the rooms (before giving it to Steve) and found nothing in there. I’m not saying that I advocate topless ness and I know the wife wouldn’t do it.

Each to there own!!!!!!

Daz.

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i know there were topless ladies at our resort last year as well. the gran costa real and it was deffo a family resort.

from what i gather, no one was bothered and no one told them to cover up. i guess it depends on the other guests and how they feel.

8. Denver

Denver Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Topless seems to becoming more accepted on the beaches. YES-Americans are uptights & the Euros need to beat a little "lighten the F up" into their heads.

I'm getting real sick of this anal retentive US crap-and I live "here".

9. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Euros need to beat a little "lighten the F up" into their heads.

Don't understand this one!!!!!!!!!! It doesn’t come across very well, what do you mean.??????

10. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have always stayed at the GP because its fun, adults only, and allows topless sunbathing around the pool and on the beach. Its very open, you don't feel out of place, etc.....my wife is very conservative, but enjoys the freedom of sunbathing topless without any kids around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice