Top five restaurants

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by LadyLegs, Apr 27, 2007.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Restaurants

Our favorites...These are the places we always take our visitors to Cancun to.

Rio Churrascarria...excellent Brazilian Bar-B-Q. Great seafood buffet and all you can eat of great quality meets. Alot less of a "crowded" feeling than Puerto Madero and Cambalache. Great service!
    Hotel Zone Km. 3.5 849-9040

La Habicuela...as reliable as you can get. The food is always very tasty, the service is always very good. Their sister restaurant, LABNA, is also very good, but they only have a Yucatecan menu.
    Calle Margaritas #25, Downtown 884-3158

La Doce Vita in the Hotel Zone...My favorite Italian food! The service can be a little slow and I would ALWAYS recommend a reservation and sometimes that isn't good enough! It's always retty crowded.
    Hotel Zone Km. 14.7 885-0161

Aioli in Le Meridien..an excellent 1st Class Restaurant. Very good service, excellent selection for dinner, beautiful view of the ocean. We celebrate our anniversary there every year!
    Hotel Zone Km. 14.2 881-2260

La Palapa Belga...a little off the beaten path place with an excellent view of the lagoon and Belgium-Swiss style food. Olivier has been here for years and is a well known "secret" among locals. The fiid us excellent but the service can be abit slow. The ambience makes you forget how long you are sitting, though.
    Hotel Zone Km. 7.6 883-5454

MY PLACE...can't beat their Pasta Primavera or the Coconut Shrimp. Great service, warm welcome...Cancun's equivalent to Cheers...where everyone knows your name! We like to go here for dinner and a fun night of Karoake. Finally a place to go for entertainment in Cancun that doesn't include BOOM BOOM BOOM! Thanks to Joe, Janet and Joyce!

2. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Restaurants

Our favorites...These are the places we always take our visitors to Cancun to.

Rio Churrascarria...excellent Brazilian Bar-B-Q. Great seafood buffet and all you can eat of great quality meets. Alot less of a "crowded" feeling than Puerto Madero and Cambalache. Great service!
    Hotel Zone Km. 3.5 849-9040

La Habicuela...as reliable as you can get. The food is always very tasty, the service is always very good. Their sister restaurant, LABNA, is also very good, but they only have a Yucatecan menu.
    Calle Margaritas #25, Downtown 884-3158

La Doce Vita in the Hotel Zone...My favorite Italian food! The service can be a little slow and I would ALWAYS recommend a reservation and sometimes that isn't good enough! It's always retty crowded.
    Hotel Zone Km. 14.7 885-0161

Aioli in Le Meridien..an excellent 1st Class Restaurant. Very good service, excellent selection for dinner, beautiful view of the ocean. We celebrate our anniversary there every year!
    Hotel Zone Km. 14.2 881-2260

La Palapa Belga...a little off the beaten path place with an excellent view of the lagoon and Belgium-Swiss style food. Olivier has been here for years and is a well known "secret" among locals. The fiid us excellent but the service can be abit slow. The ambience makes you forget how long you are sitting, though.
    Hotel Zone Km. 7.6 883-5454

MY PLACE...can't beat their Pasta Primavera or the Coconut Shrimp. Great service, warm welcome...Cancun's equivalent to Cheers...where everyone knows your name! We like to go here for dinner and a fun night of Karoake. Finally a place to go for entertainment in Cancun that doesn't include BOOM BOOM BOOM! Thanks to Joe, Janet and Joyce!
    Hotel Zone Km. 9 883-1300

3. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My favs are:

Mitachi Beachside Grill-located at the Hilton Golf & Spa resort. Go for dinner around 7ish and bring that special someone... it's on the beach, romantic and 1st rate gourmet all the way.

Cenacolo-some of the best Italian I have ever had.

La Casa De Las Margaritas-known for their entertaining dinner shows, this Mexican is beautiful to look at and the cuisine is wonderful too.

Laguna Grill-best interior of a restaurant I have ever seen, the food aint too bad either, bring dinero though 'cause it isn't cheap.

Alfredo Di Roma-I realize I mention Italian food too much when I discuss Cancun, but this place is wonderful as well. It is a little less expensive than what you would expect and more casual. I recommend it highly for lunch for their pizzas, and of course the Fettucini Alfredo is to die for.

Limoncello-BEST NEWCOMER, located next door to and operated by Lorenzillo's, this establishment has excellent, authentic Italian cuisine as well.
    :
    :
    :
    I must mention My Place, even though many don't realize that they serve high quality fare at moderate prices, this place is a winner... do go, I am sure you will enjoy. They may even still have a link with their menu connected to the:--- CANCUN TOP 100

212eric

4. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We loved La Habicuela so much we went twice. The service, the atmosphere (we sat outside both times) and the food combine for a fabulous experience.

We loved La Parilla (and La Parilla loved my girls), the food was good and the atmosphere was a blast (pictures to follow).

We also enjoyed Mocabo(sp) very much, very good fish and salads.

Alice

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Add to the list .- Yamamoto

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We have been to Rio, and enjoyed it. Definitely a place for the meat lover!

We went to La Parilla on our last trip and enjoyed it. A little pricier that I thought it would be. Margaritas were definitely very good. The Mariachis were very good. Definitely not in the HZ!!

Almost everyone has La Habichuela on their list. I am assuming the cuisine to be Mexican. Is it very close to the HZ? $10-$15 cab ride each way?

7. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Habichuela is located at Parque Las Palapas DT, do not have idea of the cab price. the ride from HZ is around 10 to 15 minutes.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    looks like Klaw was wrong.. there's some great top 5s in here.. I think we might check out a few when we go this year.

9. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, I've printed out several lists and have decided I don't have enough days to try them all. In my past visits, Captains Cove and Rio were my two favorites but will now do my best to try as many of the other "top five" choices as I can.

10. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you'll need to tell us what you thought when you get back... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice