Too many decisions....PLEASE HELP US

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by shopgirl1984, Jan 27, 2008.

1. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bus ride is too long to the action from downtown.

but the hotels are cheaper.

You'll meet 'real latinas' everywhere.

2. royale

royale Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about on the bus? Are there any real ones that ride the metro?

3. Matt (the Travel Agent)

Matt (the Travel Agent) Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Travel Agent is somewhat correct. I was there in September on a Travel Agent trip and im a 22 year old travel agent so your getting a young opinion which is what you want. There is about 10 feet of Beach virtually nothing and there was alot of big rocks. Although during Spring Break The Gran Caribe Real has alot of Spring Breakers about half of the hotel has Spring Breakers for atleast the peak 3 weeks being the 1st, 2nd and 3rd weeks in march. The food at Gran Caribe Real for a "Spring Break" hotel would be much better than you could expect at somwhere like The Oasis.

4. biggerintexas

biggerintexas Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    matt (the travel agent)

since the pics the hotels use are from 2 years ago before the hurricane its hard to know how the beach conditions are now......anyway to find out?

Wash looking at barcelo tuscuncan but it seems the beach isnt as good as before......

which would you recommend.....for spring break based on the beach, spring breakers and all inclusive meals and drinks.

After reading over and over i like how RIU Caribe has 24 hr local and imported beverages and a liquor dispensor in the rooms :)

anyone know if barcelo tuscancun also offers 24 hr beverages and liquor dispensors?

5. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, but the question still remains Gran Caribe or Tucancun? What would you recommend. I have to decide tomorrow if I am changing from GCR. Tucancun has a swim up bar, more of a beach. Has got good feedback from most peeps on this site.

6. Matt (the Travel Agent)

Matt (the Travel Agent) Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 2 pics of the beach from the Gran Caribe Real from Spetember of last year. I dont have the time to figure out how to post them on here right now. email me at (edited by mod - PM for email address) and ill send them to u and maybe u can post them. As for Spring Break Hotels I have been to Cancun 5 times a 4 of those times where on Spring Break. I have stayed at the Royal Solaris, El Pueblito, The Miramar Mision(Gone),
    The Riu Cancun, Oasis Cancun, Omni Cancun. I always base what im going to recommend on what the Spring Breakers really want. If the y dont care about food and watered down drink and want girls, girls, and alot of guys well then I recommend Oasis. If they want some Spring Breakers and if I know they wont get to rowdy then I would recommend Royal Solaris on the oceanside and Oasis Palm Beach on the bayside. I for the last 2 years have stayed at the Riu Cancun becuase I want Service, good food, good drinks, and Free Mini Bar. Although as of May of Last year The Riu Cancun doesnt except "Spring Breakers" persay. But if you know your group of friends isnt that group who are 18, first time in Cancun and going to get Super crzy you could book there. Although the hotel is entitled to check ids and if youare under 21 they DOnt "have to" admit you into the hotel. I did the Oasis "thing" twice and would only go back to the Grand Oasis if I decided to go back during Spring Break. This is only becuase of personal preferance of what I want on a Vacation. Your 18-20 year old kids that want just a trip to Cancun and its a once in a lifetime thing for them are fine at Oasis.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well out of the 5 times i have been there myself I have stayed at the Golden Crown ( adults only ) very classy off the beaten track hotel not really spring break hotel but a damn nice hotel.

Tucancun (twice) good palce good location, great entertainment staff. But found loads of younger 18-21 year olds there...

Royal Sunset, this hotel was nice, not a crazy hotel but good food, and good location as well.

Gran Cost Real - Good hotel, nice food, and there was tons of younger breakers tehre...

I agree though if food and accomadations aren't an issue then for sure book the Oasis!

8. Tips The Cancun Legend

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As the bottom of my now states I have changed to the Tucancun. This site along with some research helped me reach that decision. Thought about the Costa but didn't want to be in that location. As I "downgraded" hotels I only had to pay another £30 to fly first class. LOL

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    another Nutmegger on the site?

10. Tips The Cancun Legend

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What does that mean? The only nutmeg I know is in a football (soccer) game!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice