TODAY'S TERMINAL 3 UPDATE

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., May 22, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    United is now in Terminal 3 and some more charters as well as Iberstar.

It looks like different carriers are moving on a daily basis.

Outside of the arrivals area is a good sized "Meeting Area" with lots of tables. There is a covering like the Walmart parking lot now has.

There is a small restaurant/bar that you get to by turning left when you exit the building. It can seat 30-40 people and is air conditioned.

If you are taking the ADO downtown or to Playa you have to get the Azur shuttle, and the stop is clearly marked with a sign, and take it to Terminal 2.

That's it for now but I am betting that anoter major carrier will be relocatd to Term 3 tomorrow.

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ, did yopu have a chance to look whom is the onlu company with 3 booths inside terminal 3 for aiport transportation?

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ana - I am assuming the you mean the booths inside the Departure area of Terminal 3. Like in Terminal 2, you cannot get to this area from outside the building as Security will not let you in. I am leaving from Terminal 3 Wednesday afternoon and I will see if I can see any transportation booths anywhere that I can get to. I will post whatever I can find, including any airlines that move over there tomorrow.

Sorry but that is the best I can do.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I just flew out of Terminal 3 yesterday. Very open and expansive inside, at least at this point. Lots of security lines upstairs. Looks like they have installed a checked bag xray machine because there was no hand seraching of bags at checking.

Upstairs, right after securit, you go through the duty free shop and then into the wwaiting area. Lots of different chioices for meals. Margaritavile has smoking area on the back side for those looking for it. Lots of displays of departing flights so you won't miss updates. I looks to be a great new place. For those leaving before it fills up, makes for a nice easy exit.

Caused lots of traffic jams a week ago when the President showed up for the dedication. But looks to be well worth it.

Jamie

5. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We flew in and out of Terminal 3 too (Spirit) this week! It's SO nice and *clean* and big, lol! Loved the huge duty free shop and the variety of restaurants. We ended up at Bubba Gumps (never been there) for a final Corona and shrimp appetizer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice