Tipping

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by P & D, Mar 5, 2023.

1. P & D

P & D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    T -25 days until our first trip to Temptation Cancun. With the heavy snow, wind, and cold the trip isn't coming soon enough.

Can anyone provide feedback to us newbies on what the tipping expectations are at the resort.

Thank You,

P & D

2. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We usually tip a few buck with each drink order. Us being from Canada we tip in US currency.

3. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    The staff bust there butts trying to make our vacations the best and all tips are greatly appreciated even if not required. That being said tip what YOU can afford. Everyone's financial situation is different.

4. TxCouple84

TxCouple84 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    We tend to tip $1-$3 for drinks depending on how many we order. At bash I’ll normally tip $20 or so upfront so I don’t have to carry cash. We also always tip $10-$15 per night to the housekeepers and sometimes we leave them thank you cards.
    Also the bellhops, wait staff, grill cooks, etc.

The staff is phenomenal everywhere at the resort. This next time in April we’re gonna tip the groundskeepers too. Every morning I see them cleaning and pruning everything. They keep the place looking great and work hard. I try to make sure they feel appreciated too.

5. cah110

cah110 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Does anyone tip the Playmakers? Seems like I have seen it mentioned before, but not very often. If you do, how much? We didn't have many interactions with them on our first trip, but I would like to know for our upcoming trip this month.

6. TxCouple84

TxCouple84 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 1
    I’ve not heard of that, but it’s not a bad idea.

7. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    I will tip the premier bar $10-$20 when we first get there in the morning. We have large cups we bring, so we are not getting refills constantly. At Bash, I found myself tipping less solely due to the fact that the bartenders were miserable as hell and it did not make a difference if I tipped them at all. I thought by throwing them a $20 they'd provide better service and they did not. I am not tipping if the service is terrible. I always tip housekeeping $5-$10 depending on the state of our room. For Breakfast & lunch usually $5 and dinner is usually $5-$10. Again it is based off of the service. If a server goes above and beyond we always give more. I also find it easier to just tip the bar a lump sum at the start of the day/night instead of handing them a few $1's each time. I am a bartender and I know I prefer that someone just tips all together at once.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice