Tipping

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 6sand7s, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rusty and Jill

Rusty and Jill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 0
    I doubt she had to work very hard at luring you! We Jarheads are easy lushes! Lol!!!!

2. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    I have a small pocket in my swim shorts (square cut) or one tied in with carabiner clip and cary 20 pesos bills (19pesos to 1 us$) for tips at the pool cause they are plastic and can handle the water really well.
    I usually give 20 pesos/drink or more when services are exceeded or more complicated shots. Used to tip big at begining of day but then staff rotates or we change bar and tip is not spread out to our liking so decided go that route instead.

3. Rusty and Jill

Rusty and Jill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 0
    From what I noticed they don’t mind wet money either,,,,, it was by accident of course. IT had nothin to do with the amount of alcohol consumed!!!

4. hardrocktampa

hardrocktampa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Has anyone tried the 20 dollar bill tip at check-in

and got a better room??

masking for a friend

only staying 2 nights (wed and a thurs).

5. EastTexas

EastTexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    I have been to places that forbid tipping and asked you to report if you see people accepting tips to ensure it didn't happen because they knew it worried people and is annoying to deal with while in bathing suits. I think a place like Temptations with no real competiton could adopt that and then just increase room costs by $25-$50 per day to pay the workers more. It becomes a bigger challenge for management to make sure staff stay motivated but pulled off correctly is great for everyone.

6. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 2
    We’ll tip with each drink order and if I’m ever in the pool and out of tip money I know I feel like a schlep ordering without leaving tip. It’s a common courtesy and certainly standard in the US…it’s an important part of the workers’ livelihood and as a bonus I know I get faster service from the bartenders who know I’ll always tip for their service!

7. Funcdncpl32

Funcdncpl32 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    we are considered "over tippers", but when i feel the service is on point i enjoy tipping when we were at bash i couldn't find our server for our area, i walked over to the other server and asked the young lady for our drink order and she told us she cant deliver to that area but took my order and i walked over to her area and grabbed them, intital round was 20$us tip but the whole night she would always give me the hand signal if i needed more when our table got low, i didnt tip 20$ each time but she always was looking out that night, and following nights, along with gentlemen at the pool similar things i could walk by and they would know by a head bob if i wanted more or not before actually be hanging over the bar, but same goes for local places, season tickets for JR hockey club in our city, and the ladies behind the bar know what i drink and get it ready when im coming toward, not saying everyone has to break the bank for tipping, but we go according to how we feel about service, another quick example asked for extra shredded cheese for the soup, two nights later same server for the restaurant, asked if i wanted shredded cheese again for the soup before i asked. also may be too much for some, but the bartender told me they like Canadian too during the day as cdn money is plastic vs paper (us dollar) easier to dry off from being in the pool, only down side is 5$ bill is cheapest cdn bill, ( approx 3.50$ US ) if thats not too much for your personal tipping. but i really dont think they care if someone tips or not, they prefer it but doesnt mean they are going home hungry if you don't, but i can ensure you everywhere in the world we have been, if repeat customer they tend to remember those who do.

8. JasonandNikki

JasonandNikki Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 1
    We tend to tip bartenders a larger amount at the beginning of the day, versus all day long then (we do the same at the beginning of Bash) we gauge the amount on the type if day we are planning. If it’s a busy day at the pool or if we plan to drink a bunch/order a lot of shots we will often tip $50 at the start. We make friends with them early in our trip and the bartenders take good care of us. A lot of them who have been there for years know us by name.

9. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Always love to read all the tipping threads. I do think there's a difference in what folks tip to get a 6 oz hotel cup vs filling up a 48 oz bubba mug. It may be the same $20 a day to pool bartenders if you tip $1 per hotel cup times 20 or $5 times 4 refills. Just a thought I think sometimes gets lost.
    As someone said above, all the service people work their butts off every day, and I've never seen them turn down a smaller tip, they always seem to appreciate whatever you give.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    We tip any where from $5 to 10 per dinner, $1 to 3 per drink. At the pool I just give the bartender a $20 when I first get there for the day same thing at Bash. The bell hop gets $5 to 10 just depending on what I have in my pocket. We spend about $250 a trip in tips and Im fine with that. We have a great time and get treated well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice