Tipping

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 6sand7s, Dec 30, 2019.

1. 6sand7s

6sand7s Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    How do most people tip? Do you take a bunch of small bills wherever you go, including the pool, and tip for each drink? Or do you tip a large sum when you go?

2. KyleandShaylaK

KyleandShaylaK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 0
    I tipped about 175 USD over 7 days. And I think that was plenty. The bartenders seemed to like me so I think I was in a good ball park.
    I heard some people tell me they spend $500 on tips over 7 days.... like why? Seemed excessive. We tipped everyone from servers to bartenders to housekeeping to baggage guys.

3. Orpus

Orpus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 5
    We consider tipping to be an enjoyable part of our vacation. We tip bartenders frequently with small bills throughout the day. We tip the wait staff at each meal and the room attendants for each day of our vacation. Also, we carry small bills for any other staff who provide assistance/service. Lastly, we like to seek out a few resort employees who rarely receive tips and give them a substantial one-time tip. With that said, tipping practices are uniquely personal and vary greatly among guests.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Drew&Kim

Drew&Kim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    We usually tip the pool bartenders $10 a day and do it in the beginning so we don’t have to carry $ around the pool. If a waiter or waitress brings us drinks by the pool we’ll tip $1 or $2. We tip the waitstaff after our meals and usually more for our dinners. I tipped a young lady who was washing the walls in the sports bar one time. She was working so hard and was very appreciative. I have also tipped the guys raking the seaweed off the beach. They’re out there every day in the blazing hot sun. $5 seemed like I made their day. All in all we spend $150-$200 in tips for a week. It’s up to your discretion. After many drinks I tend to get more generous.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. hotandcurvy4u

hotandcurvy4u Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    I normally Tip $1 USD per Drink. It is not unusal for me to have a Pocket full of $1 USD on me when Vacationing.

6. Orpus

Orpus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 5
    All BS aside; At the end of the day, the vapid platitudes boil down to two camps...the generous givers and the the stingy f**ks who lack the fortitude and balance sheet to give generously. Just kidding...my wife lured me deep into the bourbon on a Monday evening. Apparently, she desires the shimmering shaft of Zeus before bedtime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    In the past we tipped per drink. It seemed kind of a hassle to pack around a lot of small bills so we started tipping once per day $10 at the pool and at bash. I tip a $2 at the breakfast buffet. I give the wait staff at the restaurant about what I would tip for a similar meal at home. $5 or 10$. I give house keeping $20 on the first day and ask them to keep what I like in the refrigerator. We tip the bell hop $2 a bag to take our bags from the shuttle to our room. We tip the shuttle driver $10 each way. Last trip we took $400 for tips and we used it all. We gave the last $3 dollars to the guy who helped us with our bags from the shuttle to check in. I don't know if that is generous or stingy but it seems about right to me. We always get great service and I would feel like a free loader not tipping anything.

8. Couple_BnW

Couple_BnW Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Hard to wrap my head around thinking you were free loading after what it costs to be there in the first place.

9. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    Not free loading off the resort or other companies. Referring to the service people. They are paid very low wages and work hard for every dollar.

10. 6sand7s

6sand7s Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Carrying money around at the pool was my biggest concern. Knowing there are others out there who just tip a larger sum at the beginning of the day helps. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice