Tipping on meals?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by PaulAndDarcy, Sep 8, 2008.

1. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Temptations web site says that all gratuities are included.

I've been a reader here for years, and I can see that people here all believe in treating the maid staff and the bartenders well regardless and tip them anyway.

What about lunch/dinner? What do most folks do for this?

I don't want to be cheap, and I have no problem tipping, but I also like the all-inclusive no hassle deal of not carrying money with me all day. When we went to Dreams last year, we tipped the bartender and the maid staff on the last day for the week, which was really easy, and they both deserved it regardless of their no-tipping policy. Both treated us fabulous all week.

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We usually tip at each meal. At the reservations resturants we tip more then the buffet usually. Though the guys in the buffet resturant will treat you like kings with a tip. They'll have drinks there before yours runs out, fresh bread, wine, etc. etc.. Not too mention pretty honest guys. Left my digital camera on the table there two times on the last trip and each time they find me at my usually spot in La Marg. (now Paty O's) and return it. Needless to say we took good care of them.

Nick and Renee

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We tip for every meal. Just a couple of bucks for breakfast. lunch, or the buffet, and about what you would tip in the US for a similar meal at any of the specialty restaurants.

Not sure it helps the service, but really increases the size of the smile.

4. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Same here, we tip every meal and similar amounts, we also try to tip the bartenders often through out the day, we normally leave the maid $5 about three times during the week too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice