"Tipping" in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by fcukinhaveit, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dookie Drawers

Dookie Drawers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as tipping at the clubs, you DO NOT have to tip to get into the club. I don't know why someone said that. Once you are inside and get a drink, the bartenders will all give you their line of crap, "If you tip me good, I will remember you and you will get served quicker next time you want a drink"..... YEAH RIGHT! So you and the thousand other people in the club ALL tip the bartender good and ALL get guaranteed to be served "right away" It is impossible for you ALL to be served immediately, and you wind up waiting regardless. You just have to deal with it.

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You don't HAVE to but sometimes if you grease the wheel, you can cut the line.

3. fcukinhaveit

fcukinhaveit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea i was thinking if every1 tips ul jst have to wait regardless.. fcuk it hopefully il be too smashed to realise how long its taking!!

4. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My hotel is all inclusive so there is no need to tip in the hotel, well we tipped one of the waiters in our hotel because he looked after us provided a really good service. In the Riu where we stayed last year and are staying again this year the workers dont expect a tip, tipping is only really in the clubs.

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Couple bucks here and there is nothing to me, so I don't mind doing it

6. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At the end of the day you are on holiday, just enjoy it and live it up a little. I'm staying at the Riu Cancun which is a lovely gaff, 24 hour sports bar, 3 resturants, pool bar and another somewhere i the hotel too, mini bar and optics in my room so i dont really need to spend money when im in the hotel. I take about £1000 for a week and if i come back with nothing then i've had a good holiday. Tipping really aint that big of a deal compaired to how much you're spending when you're there. Just go and enjoy yourself and tip if you want to, if you dont just dont expect the best service.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    agreed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice