"Tipping" in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by fcukinhaveit, Feb 26, 2008.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well at the hotel is different. But at the clubs you have to tip or die of thirst

2. fcukinhaveit

fcukinhaveit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my centiments EXACTLYYYYYYY

3. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah the tips and everything are included when you go all inclusive. I get upset when people expect tips when you already paid their tips. Although an extra couple of bucks for good service or when it's really busy is warranted. At Senor Frogs someone will take your yard and get it filled for you with whatever you like right when you walk in the door. Tipping at the major clubs can go a long way I think.

4. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well my thing is i work for tips for a living so i know how it is i mean if u ask for service like u want the bellmen to take your bags or the valet to park your car or want your drinks non stop etc then tip. like a few people on the board have said if your with friends u can all pitch in and that way your still tipping big with out feeling like u spent a lot. i see it all the time i hate when u give great service and they piss on u i always give great services so if your vacation tip if u cant afford to tip u should not go. i hate how cheap people are really and espessically if your currency is worth a lot more then others. always tip accordingly to the service u want or get

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    it may say 'Room, Drinks, Food, Tips, Taxes Included' but I can assure you that those bartenders, maids, grounds maintenance people, etc... see a very small percentage of the money you paid up front.

If someone does something for you, you tip. If you want something extra, you tip more.

6. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    amen brother :D

7. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen the queues for the bar at the Oasis Cancun, they are as bad as at the clubs. When I went to Oasis Palm Beach I gave the waiter about $5, he brought the drinks to me and a couple girls who I was with (who wasn't all inclusive) all day.

I understand some people don't like tipping, but money talks. Obviously I wouldn't tip every time I get a drink. I expect a good return for my tip and I will make sure I get it.

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oh ya, I start out with a 5 dollar tip at the oasis when I start really drinking and I never had a problem with them remembering me and hooking me up. Same as the clubs, hell last year at mardi gras I gave the guy 20.00 and he wrote his name on my hand and even when i was in the back of the line, he called me up to the front and gave me as many drinks as I needed!

9. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in the clubs we give a decent tip cos they do well to bring u drinks or give u drinks when theres a huge Q. I respect that

10. Holiday

Holiday Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont mind tipping at all because I use to work for tips... So basically they will love me and my group. Question about the tables... Do you have to reserve one ahead of time and how much??? Would like to maybe get a table for the akon show or the Flo Rida...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice