"Tipping" in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by fcukinhaveit, Feb 26, 2008.

1. fcukinhaveit

fcukinhaveit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the UK tipping isnt a big thing, if u do u do if u dnt then no1 really cares. when i went around the states i seen that this obv wasnt the case n people start crying if you dnt tip.. Is it the same in cancun?

2. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In cancun it's more or less if you don't tip you don't get in the clubs...be prepared to tip to get served at a reasonable pace

In resteraunts you got to tip, cos they run their asses off and don't get paid all that much so it's just a nice thing to do

3. fcukinhaveit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you dnt tip you dnt get in clubs??? hows that work like?!! yea obv tip when gettin food but having to tip everytime you get a drink? fcuk that after already paying $50 or whatever for a free bar

4. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Basically pal it is how it is over in cancun, if between you and your pals you put together a decent tip for a waiter in a club he/she will make sure you are looked after all night. I know it's not really ideal after paying to get which in the price includes free drink but it's just how it is. Tip and get a good service, dont and wait for 30 mins in a drink que lol.

Last year me and my pals just got tables at most places, paid for the table and gave the waiter a healthy tip so that he came back to us all night, as soon as our drink ran out he was over with more. Between you and your pals (depending on how many of you there are) each stick 5 dollers in for a tip, so last year there were 8 of us so he got $40 at the begining and because he was that good we gave him about another $30 at the end of the night. What the hell is what i say, you're on holiday live large and get looked after, after all dollor to pound ratio is pretty good.

5. fcukinhaveit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ai there's only 2, 3 of us going thats the thing.. luckily for us the dollar is piss poor against the sterling eh

6. rikib004

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah mate thats the way it is out there, they just ignore you kinda until you tip them in the clubs, even after paying $50 entry you gotta pay a little more when inside i mean I usually pay like $10 then maybe another $10 later something like that nothing too major...

7. fcukinhaveit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not too bad i suppose eh, when you going mate? been before? where in sunny yorkshire u from?!

8. rikib004

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I go next Tuesday buddy! I've been twice before so this is trip number 3 for me

I'm near Sheffield/Rotherham area

Something about cancun just draws you back, I'm sure you'll have a great time and go back...Are you all prepared?

9. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you're not wrong there pal.

10. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Woooa there Rik.

Lets be a tad more accurate shall we in the fact we kicked the likes of you out of Sheff years back therefore you locales should infact be just outside Rotherham, near Doncaster actually :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the tipping subject its like Rik and Frenzie said, tip early on that way your virtually guarenteed constant service. Its amazing been 6ft2 and 19st how invisable you are untill you pull out a $20 note and then suddenly your the most popular bloke in the club. I've even seen it kick off cos waiters and bar staff have ignored others waiting before us to serve our group who had tipped large early on, wrong, maybe but the dollar speaks volumes. End of.

Ian :lol: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice