Tipping at AI resorts:

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CrazyCunuk, Jan 25, 2007.

1. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is really nice. I hope the staff members can feed their families with all that gratitude.

$15 bucks a day on their checks can't get that far when a gallon of milk costs 4-5 bucks.

2. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    most important is to bring change. if all you have are $20s, then it is going to cost you at least $20 every time you decide to tip. i like to bring $100 or so in $1s and $50 in $5s. that way i don't get stuck tipping to much.

3. CrazyCunuk

CrazyCunuk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you read the WHOLE post, you would see that I was asking what others do with regards to tips. I also pointed out what I do. NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.

Who is telling you what to do?, They are mere suggestions and or what others do.
    If you don’t agree, that’s fine. No one is forcing you to tip.

This sounds like you are trying to justify to your self. Cause I know I don’t care if you think you are a “perfect” tourist. Or if you think that because you don’t go out of your way to ask for something out of the norm, there for you need not to tip.

Yes , please and thank-you are a must, but that goes with out saying…..thats just common manners.

4. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As a former longtime waiter, bartender, banquet captain, bar manager and restaurant manager here in the States (CT, MA, TX, FL, GA), I thought I'd chime in....

Servers in the US generally make $2.13/hour + tips. Uncle Sam takes taxes out of that $2.13 and also the tips. Employees in Cancun make considerably less than that, and many live in far worse conditions in Downtown Cancun. But they still head out to the Hotel Zone every day and cater to the tourists, because that measly wage is the best they can do.

Tipping is part of the experience in every aspect of the hospitality industry. Some customers are wealthier and/or less frugal than others. And there's always people that have circumstances that prohibit them from giving a dollar to everyone they would like to. But overall, if you receive satisfactory personalized service, then you are expected to extend a gratuity.

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    2.13????? whoaaaahh

Heck even here in Canada they make 5.35 I think..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice