timeshare push

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by runnerj, Sep 22, 2008.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we never really had an issue.... every time we've got there we told them we'd been there before and they never bothered us.

They put the offers under the door and that was it.

2. FirmandSuz

FirmandSuz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    We just ignore them. Our phone flashes red the entire time we are there. Even when we used to book thru Steve and John, they didn't push it with us. They would ask us to set up an appointment and I would tell them no and that would be it. Just lucky I guess.

After the things we've read here the past couple of months - I don't think it would be a good idea to even bring up the subject with me. Too many people I like look like they are getting screwed

Firm

3. Kimber

Kimber Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think everyone may have different experiences. My first time at BBG I was with three of my friends. They did not withhold our key but did instruct us to the timeshare people for our "tour." Basically we weren't interested and did not go talk to the person - we merely went on our happy way. They never bothered us for the rest of our 2 week stay.

I have been to BBG/TTR seven times and have never sat through the timeshare tour nor have been bothered to do so. I personally have never received phone calls from the company (perhaps I wasn't in my room to receive them). Not sure why my experience is different... but a "no thank you, not interested" was and still is my way to handle it.

4. java

java Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree,never hassled too much.First time we were getting the "slip under the door and phone call treatment" but really have never been bothered since.I wouldn't sweat it.Just ignore it if not interested.

5. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would expect that they have a target market and that they will apply more pressure to the types of people that they are interested in having buy. Or the people that are more likely to buy.

6. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    When we checked in, they took us to the "book your tour of the resort" desk and we agreed to a time the next morning, and then never showed up. We got two additional offers slipped under our door - one that increased the first offer to something like a $200 credit at the spa - and the other that was that PLUS a ride on the resort yacht.

We never responded. I ran into the person from the desk after the second day and she said "so when are you coming for your tour" and I politely said "well, I know where my room is, where the sexy pool is, where Nice Shoes is, and where the midnight hamburgerrs are, so, I really don't need a tour. But thanks.

And that was that.

:)

7. night train

night train Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    VERY GOOD.... FROM A $30000 WORTH OF NOTHING, SAY FOOK OOF AND SAUVE YOUR SELF A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

8. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. muvu2hlnbk

muvu2hlnbk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going on a well deserved vaction so they might not want to come to me to try and sell a timeshare. Without a thought I will give them a foook off. Eddie

10. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They target couples from the US mostly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice