timeshare push

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by runnerj, Sep 22, 2008.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

I do like that approach. I think that may be worth a shot next time we go.

2. runnerj

runnerj Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks again!

Thanks again everyone...we'll be using the 'just say no' approach!

of course, if the incentives get good enough, we may switch to the 'take the incentives and politely say no' approach... lol!

only 17 more days!!!!!! yee haa!!!

3. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    The first time around, they were giving away free 30 min massages, we went, listened, balked at their price ($40K??? Ok, yeah, I'll buy that, lemme just grab my wallet...), polished off my long island and then left. The second time around they were bribing us with $100. We went up to the room, said no a few times then the head salesman, Brian I believe, came out and kept offering cheaper and cheaper packages just to get us into SOMETHING. I polished off my drinks and collected our $100.

Next time, if they're offering $$$, I'll do it just to pay for my tips.

4. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They waste about three hours of your morning for the $100.

5. H&D

H&D Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we also got the 'take the tour' pressure before getting our key.. and was assured it was not time share... I laughed and said 'what membership.. all the same... dont want it and i can find my way around the resort with this handy map, thanks!
    Still pressure, i say No thank you not interested and i get but Why tell me one good reason why no...
    i told her if i wanted to Buy timeshare, property, or vip i would book time to come down to do so, not book a vacation!
    & they will call your room, even with the do not disturb signs!

All of the resorts are like this down there.
    We will never be back ~ see my post not so much 4 star

6. jerrij

jerrij Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We told the rep that he had 45 min's of our time.He told us that if that was all the time we had it wasn't worth it and left all pissed off.worked for us :lol:

7. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did the same thing last year...one hour and the clock is ticking. They did the spiel (we are already premier and wanted to know what was going on with the program), we gave them an hour and walked....after we got our massage certificates of course.

8. kmachate

kmachate Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unplug your room phone (the maid will plug it back in so just keep unplugging it.), Ignore the stuff they put on your door.. They kept upping the ante last time and I could have walked away with 2hrs in the spa for free.

I ignored them all, went on my merry way and didn't have any problems.. I did feel bad for the people stuck in the 5 hour 'tours' though..

9. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    If you do decide to take the $100. Do not drink anything and whatever you do DO NOT buy in. I have not heard of a happy member yet. We are all getting Sc@#$^& over by the "clauses in the contract" that were not mentioned but surely fine printed in!!!! I only wish someone had given me a heads up before! Been kicking myself for a full year now only 24 more to go!

10. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    If they continue to bug you and are rude go straight to the front desk and ask to speak with the GM of the resort. File a compliant with him. Tell them you enjoy the resort but the timeshare people need to get the hell out of the resort. Tell you won't recommend the resort to anyone because of the way the timeshare people hound you and treat you.

Only way its ever going to change is by people speaking up. Once it effects there daily business they'll change. It was only about 7 years ago that you couldn't even listen to the Premier presentation unless you where a repeat guest. If you said no thank you they just said thanks for your time and enjoy the rest of your trip. Even if you decided to listen they just laid it out and said here it is are you interested in hearing more. If you said no they just once again said thanks and enjoy the rest of your vacation. That was it no pressure, no hunting you down, and no rudeness of any kind. They actually use to bad mouth RCI quite a bit. Now RCI is there daddy.

Nick and Renee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice