Timeshare Presentation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mando1205, Aug 1, 2012.

1. gowick

gowick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0

I will add that ours is tied to Mexican CPE. So our rate increases a little each year...

And yes the Mexican CPE had horrible inflation in the mid 90's which would have killed us.

Still like our deal. I know there are some risks.

2. David-n-Sue

David-n-Sue Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unethical practices - JUST SAY NO!

DON'T FALL FOR THE TIMESHARE PRESENTATION BAIT! We said "No" several times to receiving a "tour" December 2012, but the girl giving us our stuff after check in kept insisting there would be no pressure and we should really let them show us the resort's "features" even if we had no interest in buying anything, as it would make our stay better. She finally agreed to JUST give us a 20-minute tour, not one minute more, with no sales presentation, and we made an appointment. They wanted me to put up a cash deposit in case we didn't show up, and I said "no way." When we came for our appointment, on time, the "tour" was with a different person, and despite having reminded the girl when we arrived that we were promised a 20-minute tour, we finally gave up and told them how unhappy we were after the sweet girl wasted 50 minutes of our time with a mix of a tour and a very clear sales presentation. The "tour" part was done at that point, and they implied we couldn't leave until other stuff was done and tried really hard to pressure us to stay to listen to the indoor presentation. I told them I'd had enough and unless they were going to physically restrain us, we were leaving. This was after letting the Timeshare manager know what had happened, and rather than an apology we just got more pressure from him. I'm no pushover, and I still ended up letting them waste 50 minutes of my morning. JUST SAY NO, unless you have read ALL of the above comments and really wish to buy in or value a few perks and drinks more than your vacation time. Some VIP members feel it is really worth it, and I'm not saying it isn't worth it to them, but it sure isn't worth it to us. Your mileage may vary, but I don't wish to deal with people using unethical tactics such as failure to keep promises and the use of a high-pressure approach, and I found the sales staff at TTR to be no better than any other Timeshare salespeople I've been dumb enough to let talk me into a presentation. Never again!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice