Timeshare Pitch & Bracelets......

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sandalls, Aug 20, 2012.

1. sandalls

sandalls Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi - I've been doing research on this resort, read a lot of reviews and have a couple questions. Are the timeshare sales people really all over people, constantly bugging? I also keep reading comments about bracelets (red and white one's). If this is an all inclusive, why are bracelets needed? Do they differentiate status at the resort? I've read a few reviews where folks felt like they were treated differently by staff, at restaurants, at the bars, reserved seating etc if they don't have "VIP" bracelet. What is the real story on this?

THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!

2. texantrainer

texantrainer Regular Registered Member

From Texas, now stationed at Ft. Jackson, SC for t
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I honestly will say that most are more pushy on the timeshare pitch....my personal opinion and experience from just leaving the resort in August. But if you think a timeshare at TTR might be a possibility the it would be worth it. There were several couples that were new when I went and they bought into the timeshare.

Bracelets are needed so the staff and security will know who paid for the all inclusive and there are not people at TTR they did not pay and taken advantage of the all inclusive to which is taking away from those that did pay.

The RED is for regular guests and the white is for Premiere or VIP guest, and the staff treats everyone the same AWESOME STAFF !! The difference is the VIP will have somewhat personal waiters/waitress for their needs, but there are always waitstaff around the pool for regular guests. There are other perks but really invisible to regular members.

Reserved seating is what it is, whoever is up the earliest throwing their RED or WHITE towel over the seat first will get the seat. There is a little balcony area for VIP but o one really ever uses it.

Hope this helps.

3. beach<3R

beach<3R Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    The timeshare people have never been a problem for us. Just tell them you are not interested in the "breakfast" when you check in and that should be it.
    The white bracelets are given to "members" and it does entitle them to a few special privileges. We are not members and have always gotten great service from eveyone and never have had a probem getting reservations as long as we are flexible! Which, we are on vacation so we can be! You do have to stand in line for them but its really not that big a deal =)

4. Spyre

Spyre Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The timeshare thing isn't that bad, it's selling a "Premier" membership which basically gives you some perks like the waiters or a few reserved seats around the pool and "premium" liquor. It's not a big deal, the bracelets just show if you have that vs a normal visitor of the resort. If you plan on going very often to the resort it can be a decent deal, but if you time it right you can come out with as good of or sometimes cheaper deals thru the online booking sites than the premier price. If the perks are worth is up to the person. We've thought it wasn't really worth the cash. You can turn down the "tour" of the property and just skip the whole timeshare presentation if you want (which we'd recommend). If by the end of the trip you are more interested then they'd love to present it to you.

Now that Cabo has turned back into Desire I think it's lost some value. Your ability to mix it up with 2 resorts was nice. Also, if you do decide to it's VERY negotiable on price. Fight hard to get it as cheap as possible. You never know what they'll take but we've heard a lot of different prices paid for the same thing (some paid double+ what others paid.)

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    The timeshare people are legally forbidden by Mexican law to approach you after you go through the spiel, so if you decide to do it and you say no then they can't and won't approach you afterwards.

6. dashgod

dashgod Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And if you want to make sure the timeshare people will avoid you, tell them you work for an airline - they will stay far far away lol.

7. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I tell them I have less than $25k household income. enuf said!!!

8. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    One word of warning: we turned down the "breakfast," insisted we weren't interested in a timeshare, refused to make an appointment...

And the next morning the phone in our room rang at some ungodly early hour with them trying to get us to come meet them for "breakfast" anyway.

The desk clerk will ask you to go with a timeshare rep "for an introduction to the resort" or "for a map" or some such. Just say no thanks and tell them that you would like to go to your room immediately...and as soon as you get there, unplug the phone!

9. FLHX_HOG

FLHX_HOG I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    We are members. There are a lot of different opinions out there especially if you look on the Internet at places like TripAdvisor.

You get many benefits including:
    Special towel, member only areas, butler service around the pool (you will see the guys in orange shirts who only serve members), upgrades on rooms, better room location, free wifi, high end drinks, different menu selections, use of the resorts yacht, different check in area, turn down service, % off spa services, etc...

Some think it is worth it, some don't. You can go down on a member referral and choose for yourself if you have any interest.

There was a recent thread about this. Here is my summation:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/tem.../23975-timeshare-presentation.html#post489019

10. FLHX_HOG

FLHX_HOG I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Also like others have said, you will get great service, a clean room and have a great time even if you are not "VIP".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice