Timeshare breakfasts???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by fasttrack, Mar 31, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You are most likely right because if you search the internet, you can go cheaper than I can, we do get a better room and a few other perks and I don't consider myself gulible, if it had been just the Timeshare we would have said no thanks. Terry

2. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It all depends on the hotel. For most hotels, like Original Resorts, it's icing on the cake of an already established business. Original Resorts runs a very steady business aside from Timeshare. Premier only pulls in guests that are staying there (although they have begun a "minivac program"). The problem of Originals growth model is perhaps relying too much on profits from timeshare to expand - but as far as "operations", it's a small portion.

Then there's companies like RUI, who have one of the larger hotels in Cancun (and beautiful hotels in many markets like Miami and Las Vegas), who don't do timeshare at all. Many of them are All Inclusive.

Timeshare will never really ever TOTALLY go away, but these days, it's certainly grown quieter. Resorts that are FULL ON timeshare, like Myan Palace or Sunset are certainly hurting. RCI has made cuts across the board, eliminating staff on every level.

Hotels such as Myan Palace or Sunset have previously relied on "street tours" (where couples are solicited at the airport or off the street) and have slowed it down considerably and shifted to new means, like "minivacs" where people respond to 4 nights / 5 days for a low price for example, but have to "qualify" (2 credit cards, certain age, etc) and see a timeshare presentation. You may notice fewer "body snatchers" at the airport when you return.

With that said regretfully, people will continue to buy regardless of economy, their own common sense, or warnings from people who have been burned.

3. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the_mole...thanks for the explanation. We never will do a timeshare nor sit through their presentation. Personally, we know too many people that got burned. It does help knowing how they profile, but in our case we match most of their profile characteristics with the exception of being gullible. Better to be forewarned than shark bait for timeshare reps. Thanks!

Jason

4. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa you guys. Quit running down timeshares because I've got a perfectly good one that I'll let go for cheap!!!! Right here at TTR.

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LOL, yea I bet alot of people would let their's go cheap, trouble is no body wants them even if they are cheap! Terry

6. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Infidel - you have to give the first right of refusal to Premier to take it back before you can sell it...you know that right? (hahahah!)

I love that concept, it's sort of like ordering a large Supreme pizza and paying for it, getting a steaming pile of cow dung pizza, and then being told that you have to let the pizza place have the option to buy it back

By the way, after years at Premier, they've never exercised the right to first refusal of taking the package back...hard to believe, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice