Timeshare breakfasts???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by fasttrack, Mar 31, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The mole knows what he talking about, I cant beleive you guys are lucky enough not to be ask when checking in, if you would like to go on the breakfast tour. We are members and they still ask us every time and still call the room some times also and I know others repeaters they always ask when they check in, some get notes and phone calls but not all. Last August when we where there I just told the girl we where not buying anything else, no phone calls, no notes except to ask us to a party for members. Terry

2. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a dumb question. How do they know who is super qualified without running your credit? I would think they do not know the difference between a couple with a 30K annual salary as opposed to one with a 150K, right?

Jason

3. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    let me be the first to assure you, the mole and anyone else for that matter :wink: .................i have no clue whatsoever in who they target, why they target them or how they target them.................nor do i have the slightest clue as to the capitol of ghana :roll:

but the one thing i do have a clue about is money :idea:

so.............that means..............i dont spend $50,000 on a depreciating asset and i damn sure dont spend $200,000 for a breakfast with mickey mouse, a pretty little orange towel, a boat ride across the bay, a bag of chips, and a round of putt putt golf with brad pitt and angelina jolie look alikes...........even if all that stuff is wrapped neatly into a very presentable package

dat much fer sho :cool:

4. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I told them that we were not interested and then they said they would upgrade the room etc which did not happen and then I blew them off.
    We will be there in 11 days and I guess I will have to put my NY attitude out there even though I live in the South now.

Anyways how can you sell a timeshare when the economy SUCKS? I can barely afford this trip ha ha .

5. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What we where dumb enough to buy wasnt for the perks or goinng to the resort, it was being able to fly any where for 98 dollars any time, and we did fly a lot before the whole thing colasped like a house of cards. It was like buying a 25,000 dollar car for 15,000 and after a few years the car dealer takes the car back because they are no longer making money and then wants more money from you if you want the car back. Moral to this story if it sounds to good to be true it is! Terry

6. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    true most of the time :cool:

.............that is unless my wife tells a guy she will show her tits for a taste

just sayin

rob

7. dashgod

dashgod Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just tell them you work for an airline - they couldn't get away fast enough :lol:

8. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps they either aren't doing their jobs right or you are smarter at avoiding them when going back, but they're supposed to be on to the repeaters.

As far as Jason's question about Q and NQ...They profile. It's a combination of everything, including age, color, where you are from, and sometimes even tour providers.

For instance, if you're French Canadian or English, they won't take you on tour. If youre American, or Candian, they will. If the hotel is full and they've booked plenty of "pretty couples" (couples 35+ with a major credit card) then they'll start filling in the gaps with statistically "less qualified"...singles, unmarried couples, newly-weds, non-white, etc. Usually the more qualified, the more money they will offer as gifts.

If you are a timeshare owner coming in through RCI, then you are VERY targeted regardless of age, race, or origin. Those people usually hate their existing timeshare and even though common sense tells you otherwise, people will "trade" their old one to get one from Premier (because it "sounds" better) and still pay thousands.

Qualified doesnt mean "credit qualified". Qualified means fitting within a zone of being financially responsible enough to have access to credit of at least $5k (or in a position where Premier can actually apply for a credit card for you) and gullable enough to believe what they are telling you is true and business has to be dont "that day". You can sign up to $25k and only put $5k down...but you do sign a promissory note. Keep in mind Premier runs no credit check and will sell a program to anyone whose credit card will go through.

It's a strange phenomenon. Like Diamondheaded says, common sense tells you that someone, especially yourself, would never walk into a room, spend a few hours and walk out spending more than the average car on a impulse decision, but they do. I will give them that...it's a very shrewd selling operation. You put down a few grand, or all of it (if you have available credit on your card, they'll gladly take it), and when you get home, you figure out when reading one of any online forums, or when trying to book things - that you've been had.

This is why I'd discourage anyone from negotiating to try to get a great deal in gifts or even messing with it. If you want to have an extra couple hundred bucks in your pocket, then book your vacation for one day less... you'll be spending it in the sales room anyway if you take the "tour".

9. TerryB

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I dont think these people would care if you worked for the Pope!, if they think they could make a buck! You might try telling them you're filing for bankruptcy when you return home. LOL Terry

10. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What hapens to Cancun and other resorts if the time shares at some point dwindle and these resorts are no longer able to sell time shares. Of course that is all hypothetical.

I suspect the rates would go way up at the resorts. Everything cycles I always say, and the time share thing may be on its way down. But then there are a lot of gulible people out there. Just my question and two cents worth. hcube

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice