Timeshare breakfasts???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by fasttrack, Mar 31, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Mole is is so good to see you here! Be sides that, if you think you might even be tempted to take the tour, because they are going to offer you money, free trips, the spa etc. Go to the link below so you will be totaly armed against anything they may offer you. Terry

2. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just said No Thanks! The first day and were not bothered at all. Asked a couple of times with different offers but that was the end of it. We did see some people who did the tour and were still with the rep around noon. I don't care to waste a day of vacation doing something I would not do at home!! Correct on asking a Premier member or a person who has been there a bit anything, we met a nice couple-Randy & Cheryl our first day as we were exploring the pool and they were friendly and helpful, BTW, if you guys are reading this "Hello" and thanks!! Hope to see y'all at TTR again! Kathie& John!!

3. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up. We have been there before and had no problems with the timeshare people, but it sounds like they are more persistent now days. Calling at 8:00 am is freaking insane. We will make sure our phone is unplugged for the first couple of days.

4. BoulderFun

BoulderFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Our first time I told them, "i gotta pee real bad" and we ran

5. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think if you tell them you're a repeater when you check in (they always ask me if I've been there before), they'll leave you alone. I go a couple of times a year and don't remember being hassled after my first trip. Occasionally they'll slide a note under my door with an invitation, but I just ignore it.

I've been told that some people have negotiated some pretty good perks from the timeshare tour...more than just the Isla Mujeres tour.

6. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think you have just been lucky, and it's not worth the time or stress to get a free trip. Terry

7. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, Ken, I can tell you the opposite is true. You're more heavily targeted as a repeater. You're given to the more aggressive sales rep if you do go on tour, and the information that you're a repeater is provided to the girls at the Premier "concierge desk" in the lobby to watch out for.

I bet a lot of people in here would say giving up a full day of their vacation in a timeshare presentation in trade for a day-trip to La Isla and perhaps an extra perk like a 25 minute massage isn't worth the time or pressure of spending $30k.

8. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a hard time believing that they target repeaters considering I go at least twice a year for 10 or 12 days at a time for years and have never been hassled after my first trip. We were even told that back when repeaters were given a different color bracelet that the timeshare people were supposed to leave us alone. It's not worth their time. A repeater has probably already heard the sales pitch (at least through the grapevine) and probably knows how poorly they treat people after they buy their timeshare. In fact, by the way they treat their members, it seems they do everything they can to keep people from coming back... contract changes, mystery fees, higher costs. They want the pigeon who is on their first trip to BBG/TTR, off-balance from their first experience there, and willing to make decisions in an intoxicated state.

Although I would never waste my time in one of their presentations, I brought up the idea about negotiating because of what one couple claimed they received...the claim (remember, this is second hand) was that they got 2 or 3 full day-trips (like Chichen-Itza and Xcaret) as well as a round of golf for both. I know they did those things, but not sure if they really got them all for free. It was raining when they did their presentation, so they were bragging what a deal they got (and they never considered buying anything).

It looks like different people have different experiences there. I'm just glad they leave me alone. Maybe the "Timeshares Suck" tattoo on my forehead helps... :)

9. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then for whatever reason, you must be considered NQ (Not qualified) - but it's not because you're a repeater I can assure you.

After being there four years and one of the "higher ups" (anyone in here who knows who I am can probably vouch for me), I can tell you repeaters are timeshare gold. Many repeaters dont take the tour first go, and return visitors have higher closing ratios and buy larger packages.
    Premier has worked out slick and clever way on how to overcome "by the pool talk" in the presentation, and about half the time it works. Many of the members who are in this forum will tell you - they didnt purchase first go, and they purchased despite hearing negative things by the pool.

And yes, up until about a year ago they did do different bracelets for repeaters, but that wasn't for the sake of the timeshare group.

As far as "golf packages" etc... we purchased two groups of "travel certificates" about a year ago. One certificate offers a free trip to one of about twenty different locations for three nights/four days. The other offers a trip to several destinations plus a free round of golf provided by that hotel at the destination. The certificates cost Premier $5 each. Guess why? When you redeem them and pay the fees ($400-600)...and then when you get to your destination, you have to sit through - you guessed it - a timeshare presentation or you get charged full price for the trip. This is just lead recirculation.
    Premier never has and does not give "free golf" at any area courses.

The gift cost per couple would never exceed around $150- and thats for a super-Q (very qualified). Even if something like the certificates are offered which seem to have a value of thousands of dollars- take them for what they are, too good to be true.

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    im with t.ken on this one

not saying your wrong

but

from our experience and everyone else we know................the more we go the less we get pestered

maybe its because we look like drunk slobs and cheap hoes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice