Timeshare breakfasts???

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by fasttrack, Mar 31, 2009.

1. fasttrack

fasttrack Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we arrive the end of April are we going to be bombarded with people trying to get us to bye timeshares? Just want to relax and not sit through a half day spill about something not interested in. Any good tips to avoid this.

Thanks,

2. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Don't talk to ANYONE inside or outside the airport. Make sure your ride is arranged in advance and know who you are dealing with
    2. At Temptations, just politely say "No, Thanks!" That's it, don't accept their offer of anything like free massages, etc. A simple "No, thanks!" and continue on with life. It worked for us.

3. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Just Say No!

4. starydust

starydust Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they will book you a breakfast tour just skip it they chase you down dont

5. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I agree with Al 100% with this. Just say NO!!

Ask any guest or staff member if you have questions. The gold band guests are sure bets about knowing the resort, although there are lots of well informed guests. Asking someone with a seven day tan is also a good bet, as they have been around for most of a week.

6. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    i just tell them im on vacation right now

.............they seem to get it :cool:

rob and t

7. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    if they back you into a corner tell them you been before and no thank you. If your phone rings the 1st morning your their at like 9am don't answer it, its them reminding you of the breakfast tour.

8. handyman

handyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They tell you it's just breakfast and a tour of the resort. But somehow the tour ends upstairs in a room where they try to get you drunk and twist your arm to pay $40,000 for a 25 year membership to the resort. They tempt you with free gifts to sit through it but it's better to not do it. It's easier to say no in the beginning because once they get you upstairs you can say no 25 times and they still keep coming at you with different offers and it takes up your whole morning when you can be at the pool.

9. Larry1

Larry1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I told them it was my vacation time that I paid for and if they wanted to sell me something they needed to come to the states on their time.

10. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dropping in the fetal position only works if you're trying to avoid a bear.
    To evade the timeshare folks in the resort, you have to be much more cunning.

Tell them NO when they approach you at the front desk.

Be aware...that won't be the end of it... you'll continue to find cards slid under your door or door hangers which will increase the gift they'd give you for seeing the presentation. Trust us, it's not worth any gift to spend most of your day there.

A lot the Premier Concierges use a method called trolling... where you call the room around 8am and tell the guest morning of "You have someone at the front waiting for you", or "Its time for your free complimentary tour" etc... dont fall for it. In fact, you may even consider unplugging your phone.
    Premier aims to get guests "on tour" in the first two days...however, if times are slow (which in this weak economy you can bet they are), they may keep after you if you're a good qualified couple or even a qualified single.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice