Time of year?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chet, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Chet

Chet Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    My wife and I are getting ready to book 5-7 nights at Temptation.As of right now Oct-Jan are the same price.Is there any difference weather wise,visitor wise,etc.She wants to do in Dec so it breaks up the Iowa winter a little.I am leaning more towards late Oct. any suggestions or insights?

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Well late Oct. the only thing to worry about really is if a hurricane roared through earlier and the resort could be under some construction still. Small chance but you never know.

Pool is usually warmer in Oct. then in Jan..

In the end anytime is better then at home and work. :)

Nick and Renee

3. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    Head down in January, if this year is anything like the past winter, you'll come back and have 8 feet of snow in your driveway.

We usually head down mid january, this year we are heading down mid June. been down both in June and January both are good, January the pools are a bit cooler but you can tolerate it considering teens in Iowa. Also in January you get the Canadians that are lots of fun to party with.

4. Chet

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    Thanks.This will be our first vacation....ever.Been married almost thirteen years.Wife wants 5 nights but im leaning toward 6 or 7.Judging by these forums,5 isnt enough.Should be booking in the next 3 weeks or so.Any other info is welcomed.

5. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Hi

Hi Chet&Michelle
    Congrats on booking your first vacation, I would definately book more then 5 nights, I always find that it takes a few days to get to know everyone and meet people from this message board...and beings your going to temptations for your first trip you will be spoiled right from the get go..lol. But you will love the atmosphere and the people you meet. So ill think you will regret only going for 5 nights if you do. I add a day each year I go, this past week i just came home from 9 days and 8 nights and It still didnt seem like enough, cuz I was meeting new people and fun people every single day and ya know what they say, time flies when your having fun.... Either way, enjoy your first trip and im sure you will be back again, so maybe us april people will see you when you go back ha ha. Enjoy

6. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hey Chet & Michelle - I can only comment on the end of December/beginning of January time frame. We have been to the resort 3 times and will be returning this year again over NYE. We really enjoy this time of year and the people that always tend to go at this time. We find the weather perfect and the pools aren't all that cold.

Whatever time you choose to go you'll have a great time, I'm sure and you'll definitely need more than 5 days!

Diana

7. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    If you wait to book your trip closer to your departure date, the price will more than likely be a lot cheaper. We went last November for under $500 plus air taxes per person all inclusive for 7 nights. It was under construction, so don't know if it will go that low this year, but we booked 2 weeks before we left.
    It also allows you to see if a hurricane visits Cancun before or during your stay :(

8. Chet

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    Wow.I figured totally opposite.I assumed the further ahead you booked the cheaper it would be.Right now its 853 apiece so i thought that sounded ok.Good advice on hurricanes! We also need to start getting around to passports.How longs it take to get PP?

9. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to agree about the seven days. That is what hubby and I booked last time. This time we booked 14. We just can not get enough of this place and the great people that you meet. Also have to agree with the fellow that said that the Canandians are a lot of fun to party with, since "I am Canadian"

10. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    7 days is just about perfect, we have done 5 and 7 day trips 5 is enough but an extra couple:) never hurt anything

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice