Time Change in Cancun and more ?'s

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by katiek, Feb 5, 2015.

1. katiek

katiek Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I visit Cancun once a year and it is usually in November/December. I just heard about a new time change. I'm from the central mid west US and have always been in the same time zone. Will this change only apply to day light savings time or is it permanent throughout the year? I was also in Cancun this past December and noticed low flying planes in the early morning spraying something over the hotel zone. Does anyone know what it is? I am also interested in leaning more about the palm trees that were planted all along the beach. I'm assuming that they were planted to prevent more beach erosion.

Thanks in advance for any information.
    Katiek

2. CancunAll

CancunAll Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for sharing.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    About the time

Speaking of the time change my understanding of it is that we are now set to EST but are not observing day light savings time; so, at present, we are at the same time as CST, because they are observing daylight savings and have moved their clocks ahead.

4. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    We just got back from, in Toronto Its only a 1 hour difference than Cancun, but we just had the day light savings change here and is now 2 hours difference, but with the confusion of Cancun not doing it at the same time it even threw off google as we searched "what time is it in Cancun" and the results were even wrong.

No one was sure if we were at Paty Os at 830am or 930am waiting for the Boobscrusie lol

5. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Cancun is now on Eastern Standard Time 12 months a year. During the winter (non-daylight savings time) Cancun time is the same as the rest of the Eastern Time Zone. During the summer, when the U.S and Canada switch to Daylight Savings Time, Cancun time is the same as the Central Time Zone.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    They anounce the time on the plane , just before landing,, good enuf for me :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice