Timberland shoes! Buy now? or buy in cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by davebaird, Sep 20, 2007.

1. davebaird

davebaird Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeh alot sell on ebay from the states, wish i had orderd a month ago to be honest.
    My parents are in NY in october so I may ask them to bring me some back if i dont get any

2. davebaird

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well as it turns out i found 2 pairs of timberland boat shoes in a discount store we have here called TK Max for just £20 a pair! What luck :lol: :lol:

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Dave,

One comment of yours stuck with me. "like double what they are in the states"

What in the UK is NOT "like double" what they are in the states? LOL

My daughter interned in London last summer as part of her university "experience". At her orientation she was told that they were there to learn and to experience and that they should consider (for this experience) that a GBP was a USD.

When questioned by a student about exchange rates, since at least one other parent had given their child some idea of what to expect, the instructor said "your parents have decided that they can afford this or you would not be here, and they, no doubt, are worrying enough for the both of you."

How true.

4. davebaird

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very true, especially in London. But most of Europe seems even more expensive than the UK now they have the Euro. When traveling in Europe expect to pay not much less than 5-6 euro for a 500ml beer.
    Mind i found New York alot more expensive than London on my last trip....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice