Timberland shoes! Buy now? or buy in cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by davebaird, Sep 20, 2007.

1. davebaird

davebaird Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello! Shopping question here!
    I want some timberland or lacoste boat/deck shoes and can get them for about £70 if I look hard enough....
    Does anyone know how much these kinda things are in cancun? or should i bite the bullet and buy them here?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Im am going to go on a limb and guess you should likely buy them at home or on ebay! Most high end things, such as coach bags and louis vitton bags in cancun can cost MORE in cancun than you would spend at home! Some things you can get very cheap in cancun such as alcohol, tshirts, gifts, knick knacks like that, however more high end stuff.........you will likely pay more for! So if I was you, I would hit up ebay or buy them where you live!

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From my experience, using the US Dollar down there, buying somewhat high-end to very high-end items is more expensive than at home here. As Jason said, you can get good deals on some stuff down there with things that are produced in Mexico being some of the best deals. Tequila for example is quite a bit cheaper there than it is at home.

From what I know, stuff like you are talking about buying are fairly expensive in relative terms in England as it is so the price difference may be more favorable to you. I am not sure though. Either way, you probably wont find any deals that will make it worth too much trouble going through. And you may have a hard time finding a particular item you are looking for as well.

4. davebaird

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmm timberland shoes are so expensive in the UK, like double what they are in the states :cry:

I leave on wednesday so not much time to get anything deliverd either...

I will be buying tequila to bring home! I will have to sample lots first though to make sure I find the best brand :lol:

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you'll find them on the expensive side in Cancun.

I'd try ebay or order them online.

You obvioulsy won't have them for your trip but you won't be paying an arm and a leg for them either.

6. davebaird

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know it makes sense, but I am a bit like a kid in that respect "I want it now!!!" lol
    :lol:

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then you will definitely pay for it, LOL.

But I do undestand that concept.... :lol:

8. davebaird

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ******dave sees his visa card cowering in the corner*****

9. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Dave,

I used to pay 70 US dollars for my Lacoste Polo shirts in Miami, down here in Cancun I pay 120 USD or about 60 quid! 50 dollars more! So buy them in England for sure!

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I remember, I do not recall seeing a Timberland store or any stores carrying Timberland shoes while I was down there. Then again I was not looking specifically for them either.

Another option might be to have someone buy them for you in the US and then ship them over to you marked as a gift or something to avoid nasty customs charges. Thats if the price over here would be significantly lower than over there in the UK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice