Tigres baseball update

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, May 7, 2015.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Playoffs begin Tuesday night, with the Tigres paired off with the Guerreros de Qaxaca.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres win!

Last Wednesday I thought I was watching the last game of the playoffs to be played in Cancun but the Tigres, number one in the Mexican Baseball League in wins on the road, proved they were still champions of the road game by winning both games in Oaxaca against the Guerreros. It seemed improbable to me, given the dominance of the visiting team when they played two games last week in Cancun, but they managed it.

The series is now tied, 2-2, with games scheduled in Cancun for Tuesday, and Wednesday. TIGRES RUGE UNA VEZ MÁS Y OBLIGA EL REGRESO A CANCÚN | Club de Baseball Tigres de Quintana Roo

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres made it just a little tougher for themselves by losing the last game of the series in Oaxaca in the best of seven series. Things now stand at 3-2 in favor of Oaxaca with the next game to be played here, today, at 8 PM.

Los Guerreros de Oaxaca hieren a Los Tigres de Q. Roo

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    In an exciting game last night (for the home team!) the Tigres won 9-3 to even the series at 3 games apiece. Tonight's game will be deciding....

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres win the series!

In a game in which the Tigres displayed a lot of confidence they finished the series against Oaxaca with a 6-3 win.

After looking just awful against Oaxaca in the first two games, played at home, they got their act together in a big way afterwards, winning four of the next five games to take the seven game series.

There was a lot of tension between the teams as the last four innings were played, with the Oaxaca players beginning to feel the possibility of a win slipping away from them, along with any chance at the Mexican Baseball League championship. At one point, both teams and all their auxiliarly personnel poured out on the field to turn the game into something a bit more physical. It was mostly just chest thumping though, with no fights breaking out that I saw.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres lead series, return home

With wins by 8-1 and 7-5 in Merida the Tigres now lead the Southern Zone finals by two games to none!

They return home for games on Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday if needed.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres are now playing for the Southern Zone championship. Meanwhile, the contest for the Northern Zone championship has been turned upside down.

The perennial leaders of the Northern Zone, the Diablos Rojos of Mexico City, who won their regular season with a 13 game lead over the second place team, have been knocked out of the chase for the championship in a seven game series with the Toros of Tijuana, who won the last game, 7-6. They are now playing for the Northern Zone championship against the Acereros of Monclava (Coahilla State).

The Diablos being out of the running may or may not make it easier for the Tigres to prevail, in the end, but it looks like if they get past the Leones of Yucatan they're going to be facing one hungry team in the Championship!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres win!

A lot has happened since my last comment. First, the Tigres had a hell of a time trying to put away the Leones of Yucatan, but they won game seven to become the northern zone champions.

In the finals the Tigres face the Acereros de Monclava. The first game of the finals was a slugfest, ending in a 9-8 victory for the home team. They play again tonight.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Without going into all the detail I'll just say that the Tigres of Quintana Roo have finished the season as champions of the Mexican League!

I believe that's three of the last six seasons: what a team!

10. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi V! I haven't posted for some time but have talked to you here in the past about baseball.....we do love the game and still come to Cancun for 3 months every winter. In the past we stayed here for the entire month of April and attended games...always loving the good times there. We were always able to buy good tickets at game time except to our surprise when we sauntered over for a season opener and fans were lined up around the block trying to buy same and there were even resellers on the ground asking big bucks for tix. Last year we missed the opener by a day....this year we note the opener appears to be on April 1st and then they are out of town....grrr.....we will still be here on April 1st and gone when they return....we need to get to that game!!!!

So fellow baseball game lover....how do we get tickets for the season opener? Any idea? Gracias.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice