Tigres are the Champs

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Aug 30, 2013.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amazingly, or not, the Tigres won all 3 games in Monterrey to become the Champions of the Mexican Baseball League.

We were missing 2 or our top 3 players for the last few weeks of the season and all of the playoffs. Everyone seemed to step up. We had a couple of costly mishaps but survived.

Those of us who go to most of the games would agree that we got better and better as we approached the end of the season and the playoffs, peaking at the right time. At this level of play it is almost unheard of to win 3 in a row in the other guy's house. Monterrey had incredible players on both offense and defense. They hit tons of home runs this season and 3 in one game against us, in Game 2 that we lost at home by an 8-7 score.

Game 5's score was 5-2.

Albino Contreras was named series MVP.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres played at an amazing level. Each player distinguished himself in some way. Maybe they do better when there are no "stars"....

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I prefer that the stars be there V. They make us better especially offensively but also defensively at there two positions. Nothing against the guys who filled in admirably but our heroes in the Championship Series were the guys who were there all season, who all stepped up at one time or another.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice