Thunderstorms ??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RainyCityFunCouple, Aug 28, 2021.

1. RainyCityFunCouple

RainyCityFunCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    So we are arriving September 9th… as of now it’s showing non stop thunderstorms.. just curious how this effects the resort? Also we booked the Boobs Cruise for the 10th, anyone know if that will be effected?

2. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    The weather report always seems to say thunderstorms and some rain every day......... rarely happens... always interesting though, as people don't take any notice in the sexy pool, unless there's a BIG bang !!!!

3. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Second for it's never as bad as the weather report advertises. You'll get a small, intense storm, but it usually doesn't ruin the whole day. People will be back in the pool surprisingly quick.

We've had afternoon events moved into the lobby. It's not as fun as the pool, but the playmakers do their best to keep the party going. Worse comes to worse this is a great time to meet the folks in the penthouses :)

4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    We arrive on the 7th, but the weather forecast for the area invariably shows a chance of rain and storms every day. It's been that way on every trip we've been on. Once in a while it actually happens, but it usually is nothing more than a quick shower that blows in off the ocean and continues inland. In 15 minutes it's over and back to sunny weather. Only once in 15 years has it actually been anything more, and that turned out to be a tropical storm. But the indoor room parties made the activities around the pool look like a church social. We tried counting feet in a bed once and never did figure out the number of players

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    It's Cancun. There are always thunderstorms somewhere. They're always in the forecast. Weve only had a rain-out one day in 22 visits.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I find accuweather to be the most accurate for Cancun weather. Check the day by day, and as long that it’s less than 40% chance, less than 3 hours of precipitation, and less than .2 inches of rain, you'll be fine. Likely nothing more than a quick shower. If the are calling for more than 4 hours of rain, and more than 60% chance, there is a good bet it will be overcast with rain likely.

If it does rain, the sky bar pool is a good spot, because it’s much warmer. Also the big hot tub. If it’s a warm rain there is usually still plenty of people in the pool.

We were there for hurricane Zeta last fall, and they moved to the lobby bar for the nighttime Bash activity.

7. DarKnight

DarKnight Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That was just going to be my question, this will be my first time and it seems like the theme nights are outdoors, I was wondering what would happen if it rains.

8. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    A weather forecast for the Caribbean 9 days out is just about the most worthless thing ever. It's the summer in the Caribbean, there will be a afternoon storm almost every day, they will come and go in under an hour. This far out just don't worry, anything that is a major threat, like a tropical storm, probably doesn't even exist at this point. We had a tropical storm come through the day we arrived last year, it formed only two days earlier and everything was pretty much back to normal the next morning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    The first few times we went to Cancun, we thought the same thing. This is the default setting if you will for weather over there. In actuality, most days are nice and sunny with fluffy clouds. Spurts of rain happen but resolve quickly (unless there is a hurricaine).

We're headed there Sept 8th --15th and expect good times and skies.

10. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    It poured down rain for about 10 minuets at Bash one nigh and I think our group was the only ones out dancing and having a blast in it. I love the warm rain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice