Thoughts and prayers to Jamie

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Klaw, Dec 28, 2006.

1. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear of your loss, deepest sincere condolences to you both

2. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Deepest sympathies Jamie.

Ian.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It was tough but he died at home and did not suffer so that's a good thing.

He was doing OK on Tuesday, the 18th, after his doctor’s appointment and we think he had another stroke on Wednesday. We got there on Friday and he passed on Saturday night. He was a good man and will be missed. We didn't get didn't get to bury him on my birthday because of the snow storm, got another 24 inches on top of what hadn't melted yet from the previous storm. He was cremated so we'll have the service sometime when everything settles down.

He was born into a cold water walk up over a liquor store in Worcester, Mass and grew up to visit all seven continents before he died. Since we had moved a lot while we were growing up he had made a statement when he moved into his house that the next move he made would be into a pine box. That was ten years ago and he held true to his plan. I’m never going to make a statement like that.

Chris and I really appreciate your kindness. Its friends like you guys that help us get through.

Jamie

4. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Kinda sounds like a statement my father made a few years before he died.
    He really wanted a new car, but he said "that old pickup truck was gonna have to last him the rest of his life". It did.

That was almost twenty years ago and I still have that truck.

I know how tough it can be at times but you will get thru.

George

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm glad to hear from you, Jamie.

You and Chris have been on my mind a lot the past few days.

Your Dad's passing brought up some memories for me...mostly of how you were there for me when my Dad dies.

Just know that although I may be there in person like you were fo me, I am here for you.

My Mom sends her sympathies and condolences too...both to you adn Chris and to your Mom.

6. Mary Kay

Mary Kay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jamie & Chris~

Jamie - I chatted with you on Sunday the 24th - as I said then - I'm so sorry, I know your pain, and while the pain never really goes away- it does become more bearable as time goes on.

My love and support to both you and Chris- sending virtual hugs to you both!

I'm wondering if the snow on your birthday is a way of your father not allowing his burial to happen that day...... ? Regardless, revel in your memories, and cherish every moment of them! Reflect with photos as often as you can - and be proud of the legacy he left you - you're pretty awesome!

Hang in there- and know that all of your friends, both in CO, and here on the BBG forum site love and care about you - we're here to lend an ear, or offer comforting words when needed!

Thank you, Karan, for posting this subject so that we can all offer our heartfelt support to these special friends of ours!

Love to ALL~
    MK

7. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry to hear of your loss Jamie

8. shan24

shan24 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jamie & Chris,

You guys have been on my mind alot lately. I just read this post today, so now I know why. Both of you will be in our hearts and prayers. Please remember you can call anytime (even 6am) :wink:

Shan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice