Those travelling March 11 through April 1

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Klaw, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The US and Canada have changed their Daylight Savings Time back from April 1st to March 11th.

Cancun has always followed the US for this. But this year they are not

So while there is normally there is a 1 hour time difference between Cancun and eastern standard time there will actually be a 2 hour time difference from March 11 thru April 1st.

You'll need to know this for transfers and if you are setting times to talk to people back home.

2. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Karan-

Im a journalist.. so I dont do math..
    If mountain time is 2 hours behind eastern time.. does that mean while im in cancun and its noon here its 3pm in cancun??

4. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i actually wish cancun would follow suit. it would mean more time in the sun and longer nights. if they did, it probably would be dark until about 7 or 8 am, leaving plenty of time to sleep from say like 5-9 and still catch some blazing morning sun.

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

If you're two hours behind the east and Cancun is two hours behind the east for that time period then would you and Cancun be on the same time???

6. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    got it!
    thanks

7. jenn_vancouver

jenn_vancouver Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow Im kinda confused (doesnt take much!). I will be in Cancun March 31 to April 7. So apparently this means the first night of my trip and the other 6 nights of my trip will be different time differences when calling home to Western Canada (we are on pacific standard time here in Vancouver Canada). Anyone out there able to tell me the time difference?!

8. f355969

f355969 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats excellent, that means I gain an extra hour over and above the 1 already to get more drinking in, WOOHOO.

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info

10. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice..thanks for the info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice