Those in Cancun from May 1 - May 5th

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SheBop, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    Sounds like Mexico is shutting down for 5 days...we're curious what those of you in Cancun notice as a result of this:

"Cordova said nonessential federal government offices will be closed from May 1-5. Friday is a national holiday in Mexico and many government offices are usually closed. He said all nonessential private businesses must also close for that period but essential services like transport, supermarkets, trash collection, hospital will remain open."

2. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does that mean that the clubs, restaurants not in the resorts, and excursions such as the booze cruises will not be running the 1-5? That would suck if that is the case! We will be arriving the 4th.

3. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    That's why we are interested in what people who are there experience. It sounds like a complete shut down, but one never knows. One thing for sure, if this works...we'll know a lot more about our ability to fly on the 19th. I expect news one way or another by the end of next week.

4. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I know a friend of mine is going tomorrow to Temptation called the hotel and verified business as usual at Temptation. Also, I know of a gentleman who just got back yesterday from Temptation and he said he had a blast and no one was sick. All the hotel resuarants were open and also the bars and operating as normal including all activities. People were partying and having the time of thier lives.

Temptation or Bust!!!!!!

5. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is wonderful to hear !!!

Sooooo many people telling me not to go, that I just would end up sick...

it's the FLU!!! I have had flu before, I just dont want to get there and have everything closed..I can deal with Coco Bongos and the like, but keep my resort going ...

see you all on the 16th

6. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    By the way another friend told me his boss just got back yeaterday from Cancun and he was sick and went to the hospital right away and it turns out he has strep throat.

Probably had it before he went to Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice