Those attending CancunCare Parties

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Klaw, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's a bit of a post Steve made over on the BBG Lounge about a Booze Cruise he set up for yesterday:

"The cruise was good fun again, but there were quite a few who let us down and didnt show up and didnt even have the courtesy to meet us at the prearranged time to explain why, even though they were already out by the pool.

Seems that about 10 people went on a similar half day cruise the previous day Why they would do that I'll never know.

Another couple tried to pay for our cruise at the hotel, they gladly took the money then refused a refund when the couple realised there mistake. They were picked up at 7am, I dont know any cruise that leaves that early so no idea where they ended up.

Only 14 of the 28 who said they were coming showed up and we almost cancelled the whole thing. Luckily the boat operator let us off, contractually we should have been about $500 out of pocket. I'll be wary of taking certain peoples word again "

So I know it's been said before but I'm going to say it again....if you commit to going to one of thje parties please go. Or at leat have the courtesy to contact Steve beforehand and let him know you need to cancel.

Steve got lucky yesterday but unfortunately the problem of people just not showing up isn't new. He's been burned before yet he continues to organize these cruises and not require up fron payment.

Please don't commit to it unless you are truly going to go.

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I hear ya Karen. But I guess in some people defence something sound s good before you leave then when they get there they are all caught up on the hoopla of Cancun :?

BUT, if I say I am going then i am going... :cool:

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What many people don't realize is that they are not the only ones on vacation with a hangover from the night before...

they think 'Oh, we're just 2 people out of 25 or whatever... so it doesn't matter if we just sleep in and blow off the cruise/party'.

But when 5 couples or 10 people do it, that's a huge deal and puts the whole experience for those that DID show up in jeopardy.

It's just simple consideration.

Steve provides:
    -the forum to get valuable information for your trips
    -a place to read about and sign up for these booze cruises and parties which will add to the enjoyment of your stay in Cancun
    -all the legwork behind the scenes to plan exciting, worry-free, safe, social and above all memorable parties that you will be talking about for years to come.

He also provided me with a great time at his house, many Pacifico beers, the opportunity to help move his refrigerator :) and a newfound love of Little Britain.

So be courteous and let him know beforehand if you wbn't make the cruises or parties. Or better yet, attend the event and make some new friends and memories.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It takes all of 30 seconds to call Steve an cancel, there simply is NO excuse not to do so. That's just inconsiderate & rude behavior no matter how you look at it.

Michelle

5. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    computer says nooooooooo :-|

6. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    lmao

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on a serious note,

steve, does provide us with a great site, and knows how to throw a fabulous party.

to just not show up for a boozecruise is inconsiderate and will ruin it for future cruises.

and as dennis has pointed out, steve is a great host, he had all of us over athis place and was a great time. and if you go... you mnight just make some new friends!

dont committ if you plan on backing out last minute.

8. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Yes if it wasn't for Steve I wouldn't have made all of the wonderful friends I have now. I think prepaying is a great idea and a no-show will forfeit his payment.

9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I have to agree. I've planned parties in Cancun before and it's nerve racking to make sure that everyone that commited to do something actually does it because you've already commited to cover the price yourself.

If you say yes, GO! If you can't go, stop by and drop off your payment anyway since someone has alreaady paid for you.

Jamie

10. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as always - very well said dennis. I think pre-paying is a great idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice