Thomas Geantil Real Estate looking to buy premier memberships

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Randy&Jen, Nov 28, 2018.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I’ll take it but can you loan me $1000 first.
    I will pay you 50% intetest when I get the money from your brother;)

2. PaintedNails

PaintedNails Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I first received a phone call obviously screening me. She told me if their buyer is interested in purchasing my Villa Del Palmar Cancun timeshare that I would receive another call and an email with an offer. About a week later, I did receive an email and an offer of $24,000 to purchase my timeshare. they said the Villa Group (who owns the Villa Del Palmar properties) contracts with Thomas Gentile real estate to purchase these timeshares. she said that the Villa Group wants controlling interest (whatever that means). She has not asked for any money up front. she did ask that I sign the letter of intent (offer letter) and the letter says I will receive the money before the transfer of property was completed. they also will pay off my balance that I still owe. I also needed to provide proof of ownership and that they would need to verify ownership with the Villa Group. I had sent a picture of my contract that had very little personal information. only has my name, size of unit, and how many points. It had my contract number, but I covered up the number. She called and asked why I covered up the contract number and that they would need it to be able to verify that I am indeed the owner. She has been very professional, returned my calls promptly and has answered my questions. If I weren't so skeptical, it would seem legit. But she needs that contract number. What information would be obtained that would be detrimental to me? Wonder what info the Villa Group would even provide?! I am going to call the Villa Group tomorrow to inquire. She also said that I would receive my money before the transfer of the timeshare would transfer ownership. I would be contacted by the title company and I could have the money deposited to my bank acct or receive a cashier check. She said I would receive a sales agreement to sign. And at the end, I would have to pay a 5 % commission, but that would only be paid after they have paid me for the timeshare. I would love to see how far I can take this before they start asking for money from me. don't worry, that's not going to happen! But I don't want to take it so far that they obtain personal information about me or my bank account number. I don't have much in there anyway, so they would be disappointed. lol A friend suggested I call a couple of title companies near the location on their letter in Seattle WA and ask the title company if they are familiar with this real estate company. Most local title companies know realtors, real estate companies, and property mgmt. companies. Well, I could go on and on. I am making some phone calls tomorrow to my timeshare company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    How anyone can believe that people are calling out of the blue to randomly buy a timeshare always confuses me. (and at TTR these aren't really even timeshares, so it makes even less sense)

A word to the wise, Strangers don't randomly contact people and offer to buy their used things...unless they are panties; weird strangers will offer will buy used panties all the time.

4. SnB

SnB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Got the call yesterday. A guy named Carlos Diaz from the Mexican govt said I was involved in fraud along with 100s of other time share members. He sent an email asking for the time share specifics and contract info and they will be paying me back my co tract price.... hmmm

5. steve friberg

steve friberg Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thomas Geantil Real Estate Company has been contacting me to sell my timeshare at Villa del Palmar. Have done extensive research and yes, they do have some licensed realtors, but I am finding too many red flags. I intend to follow up with the State of Washington and possibly have them start an investigation. BTW they want everything to ONLY go through Charter Title Insurance Corporation which is located down the street from Geantil's office.

Has anyone else had any experience with this group??

6. cassandmar

cassandmar Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0
    I was called yesterday.!

7. steve friberg

steve friberg Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi. Thx for fast response. I was on phone with Washington State Consumer Protection Agency and found out they have three complaints against Thomas Geantil Real Estate - first one starting in November of last year. I was going to send in for copies of the three complaints. BTW The two companies/corporations are NOT found to be legitimate corporations in WA. I had done a fair bit of checking over the past couple of months and loads of red flags were waving. As nice as 'doubling' the money I paid for my timeshare sounds, the old adage of 'too good to be true' should be enough to believe that it is NOT true.

I intend to post more if/when I have additional information to try to help others stay away for problems.

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    My advice, hang up.

9. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    According to BBB:

BBB has reached out to Thomas Geantil Real Estate via mail at 2109 9th Ave Seattle, WA 98121 but the mail was returned; BBB also reached out via email contact@thomasgeantil.com, and has not heard from the business.
    Thomas Geantil Real Estate is not a licensed real estate broker or property manager in the State of Washington. Charter Title Insurance Corporation is not licensed as an escrow agency in Washington State. BBB found the website for Thomas Geantil Real Estate was created on September 17, 2018, and is privacy protected.

Thomas Geantil Real Estate | Business Details | Better Business Bureau® Profile

10. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Have you talked about your memberships in Facebook groups such as Temptation referral Exchange? They probably just get your name from there + anything else scraped from you FB profile then use a tool like fastpeoplesear h.com (there are hundreds of these sites) and other commercially available data sources
    With that you get your name, address, phone number, family members, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice