Thomas Cook

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DannKathy, Sep 17, 2019.

1. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    Just read were they filed for bankruptcy. We've met tons of people at TTR over the years who used them out of Europe. Wonder if this effects travel plans for some or if they aren't used much anymore.

2. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    No news to that effect here in the UK.. Thomas Cook have had some financial "challenges" in the last year or two but have recently been bought by a Chinese company, although I'm not sure if the deal has actually been finalised. As a share holder I'm gutted both ways !!. When I last looked Thomas Cook had dropped TTR from it's hotel list, I think only TUI/First Choice are doing it now but having said that I couldn't find Temptation when checking them out a few minutes ago, so if that's correct the two main UK tour operators may have dropped TTR, meaning probably less Brits visiting....

3. Chrissharon2000x

Chrissharon2000x Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    We use kenwood Travel who are very competitive

4. Chimp_kitten

Chimp_kitten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 1
    Worryingly Thomas Cook could fold. We actually have flights only with them due out in October so its slightly concerning.

The main debt appears to lie with the package holiday side of the business so theres a chance the flight side may be safe / rescued however it's all in the balance with the outcome dependant on a rescue deal.

Believe they filed for Bankruptcy in the U.S. to avoid debtors taking action buying them more time to resolve the issues in Europe and hopefully sort a plan out.

Looks like they have until the end of the week to agree a package if possible.

5. Jirka

Jirka Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    I would not worry immediately. The Belgian sub of Thomas Cook went bankrupt two years ago, Brussels Airlines took over the fleet and TUI Belgium (or the German Neckermann I don’t recall) took over their entire operations, there were no cancellations in Belgium.

As for who sells TTR in Europe, we booked (as Belgian’s) via TUI Germany…Its apparently very depending who sells the hotel or not, The Belgian TUI does not sell it, but the German does and at a better rate than booking directly on TTR.

6. FFC/WBA

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Further to above, have just been checking vacations for November 2019 and found TUI are now including TTR as an option, 7 days was ok pricewise, 10days was ridiculous !! but they're obviously still including TTR

7. Chrissharon2000x

Chrissharon2000x Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
  8. dave and dee

dave and dee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    gutted that we have lost our holiday in march hoping when get our money back throu atol we can probs rebook

9. FFC/WBA

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Were gutted for you too..... hope you can re-book

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Any ways for people to get to TTR potentially going out of business is a bad thing, IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice