Thinking about going to Cancun july 20. Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Guldmann, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Guldmann

Guldmann Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are 2 Danish guys working in Canada, we have a week off from july 20. , and thought we'd go to cancun, but somebody told us that the weather quite probably would be bad?

any insights on that?

how's the nightlife at that time?

Thanks in advance!!!

Guldmann.,

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not a good or a bad idea to visit Cancun in July, it's A GREAT IDEA!!! If you are looking to take a tropical vacation in a place that offers a million things to do, then Cancun is for you. Yes, it is during the hurricane season, however, the hurricane season lasts for six months each year in the tropics. The chances that Cancun will get hit by a major storm are quite low, but there may be a passing afternoon or evening thundershower. Therefore, my opinion is to go, and get set to have a wonderful vacation in paradise.

212eric

3. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DUDE!!!
    It's never a bad time to go to Cancun.
    Put it this way, I go during the Hurricane season. Last Year I missed hurricane Dean by one day.
    :)

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will be warm but a hot day in Cancun is better than a great day nearly anywhere else.

I agree 100% with 212eric.

As far as svtcobra242's comments, the odds are so remote of a hurricane and they are normally later in the year. We have had 2 decent ones in 20 years.

And HURRICANE DEAN, excuse me svtcobra242, Dean was a non-hurricane. We had a tiny bit of wind and a little rain, but nowhere near a hurricane.

So, come on down.

5. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I guess I did not explain my self correct.
    The point I was trying to make is this.
    No matter what time of year it is, It is always a good time to go to Cancun.
    And TJ you are correct, Dean missed Cancun, but what about the Cities and small town 80 miles South?

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep Cobra, you are so right. We got spared but farther south took a serious hit.

7. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun will be great in July, it's great any month :) It will be hot, but that means the water temp will be warmer, and I like that!
    Also in July the number of Mexican and South American tourists will be greater, and the clubs will be hopping, have fun!
    I would suggest purchasing trip insurance if you can, just in case there is bad weather and you want to cancel, but chances are you won't have to!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice