Things are happening in the states

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Dec 5, 2007.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello my Cancun Care friends!

We had a big breakthrough this week with Yolanda's paperwork (immigration to the U.S.) She has recieved her "early parole papers" which allow her to travel while her permanent residency is in process.

At this point all that is left is the interview here in Orlando. At that point we will probably have to leave and reenter the country.

As we are travelling to Chiapas for Christmas (she is leaving Sunday) the paperwork could not have come at a more opportune time.

Additionally she recieved her authorization to work so things are truly moving along. Of course this process started over ten months ago and thanks to my last employer is being handled by lawyers. It is a tough process but, the hard work and waiting is almost done.

Kids are doing great, Camila is attending a montessori school and is fully potty trained and is cheerleading at the YMCA. John Paul has hair halfway down his back and is talking up a storm although we can't understand him.

We will probably be down at our timeshare (casa maya) in February or March and will see everyone then!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - Good news, glad to hear it (again). I know that immigration in the states sucks, but it's great that Yolanda is getting her Permanent Residency in less than one year. In Mexico you can't get the equivelent of Permanent Residency until you've gone Inmigrado on an FM2, which takes 5 years!!

I hope you celebrated! And you'd better call when you come into town again...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice