The Wall....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by LadynTramp, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    It's an interesting situation, and we are likely to have a lot if these during the Trump years.

Liberal democrats in the US have been saying for years, maybe decades, that "we need more taxes", and that's it's unfair that "coorperations don't pay their fair share". They didnt care that cooperate taxes would be passed along to the consumer, but now are making that exact same argument for opposing the wall.

Course there is video of Hillary, on the campaign trail, saying we needed a wall, and that she supported building a "barrier". So hypocrisy is abundant.

2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Which ever country needs the other the most will pay for the wall, but I do expect some tit for tat back and forth.

Expect an import tax at some level. That tax exists in most US trade deals as it is currently. Reports suggest that it can be accomplished at between 5 and 10 percent. Trump won't be denied. But.........the morning news estimates the wall will cost 10 billion dollars and the cost of refugees coming in to the US at 150 billion per year.

So..........IMO......US visitors will pay more in taxes to enter Mexico...................if the US continues to even allow travel to Mexico, which is admittedly highly unlikely, but not impossible under Trump.

Don't expect Trump to be denied. The more pushback he gets expect his stance to be more firm.

We love our trips to Mexico and just hope politics screw it up!

Interesting times ahead.

3. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    Mexico should never have to pay for the wall!!!
    It's not their wall, they don't want it!!
    If the Trump wants it so bad then pay for it!

4. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6

T

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    I must say I agree with you, America should pay for our own wall just as we pay to rebuild countries all over the world. I have a NEW proposal, we build a High Speed Mag Lev train from the border of Mexico STRAIGHT to Canada that doesn't stop and ONLY runs one way, that brings the MILLIONS of undocumented illegal immigrants to YOU so YOU can pay for there services and other issues that befall the legal U.S. citizens.
    I find it odd that people from other countries that chime in negatively on U.S political issues don't have to deal with these very same issues.
    I personally Love the Mexican people, they are some of the warmest most caring people we've ever encountered in all of our travels, hence the reason we go to Mexico so much. I even have a very good friend that is an illegal that is from Playa Del Carmen originally and came over "illegally" with his wife to have a better life for himself. I understand the need and Desire for the Mexican's that enter illegally but do it Legally.

As stated before, viva Mexico!!!

6. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    That's quite a simplistic outlook on the corporate tax issue. In actuality my anger stems from a tax code that corporations wrote and paid for. It allows them creative methods of making pre-planned losing "investments". It may cost their bottom line $2.5 million, but it saves them $3 million in federal taxes. Problem lies in that the US Treasury gets $0 and their ring of scam investments get the $2.5 million to pass back and forth.

Do some research on Wachovia Bank and how they "invested" in a small German town's sewer system. They indirectly profited, yet the US Treasury got $0. No federal taxes paid for a decade.

A "fix" would require the tax code definition of "investment" to somehow reflect an intent to profit. Something as simple as "more profitable years than losing years" would be earth shattering for the corporate world.

JMHO

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

A simplify idea ,,, Corporations should pay 0 taxes ,, they already hire people that pay taxes ,, and with the money in their ( Corp) pockets ,, i,m sure they will spend it wisely on building up their companies , and not lining the pockets of CORRUPT gov't .

Every time the gov't collects new taxes ,, it creates waste and corruption

off topic btw,lol

8. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    We have Illegals here already as well, including Americans.
    Concrete company I worked for in my younger days employed mostly illegal Mexicans.
    If we wanted to build all wall we would pay, not try and pass it of on someone else.
    But then we all know the Donald doesn't like to pays his bills or debts anyways so not surprised.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    This was/is interesting, to me the lawyer anyway:

Scalia opinion on EPA regulations could block Trump's wall

I noted with some surprise the mention of the Secure Fence Act of 2006..... 2006? Wait, who was president in 2006? Oh yes, W was. So, the idea isn't really a new one. I just think that's interesting. W actually got a fence construction bill all the way through congress in 2006. 10 years ago. I don't remember ANY news about it back then.

I was talking to a buddy of mine whose wife now works in Ford-corporate in Michigan. To hear the media tell it, Trump says to Ford, "Nope, gonna put taxes on you for Mexican built vehicles coming to the U.S." Ford apparently replied with, "OK, you do that. We sell worldwide, those vehicles will go elsewhere. But, we will get the old plant in (somewhere) Michigan ramped back up for modern production, which we would have liked to do anyway, but U.S. auto-workers cost too much. Of course, that'll take 3, maybe 4 years to get done."

To which I just thought,.... huh.

10. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    as far as the Auto-free trade agreement with Canada,, its already a 2 way street,, we import from the states and V-V ,, thats what the trade agreement was all about . ( stats show in/out pretty equal )

Imports, exports and trade balance of goods on a balance-of-payments basis, by country or country grouping

''U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $662.7 billion in 2015. Exports were $337.3 billion; imports were $325.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $11.9 billion in 2015.''
    ''

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice