The View

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bethy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well peoples CHILDREN shouldnt see BOOBS! :roll: I think it was crazy too!

2. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd be more ok with children seeing boobs than any of the violence we see on TV, movies and games.. *L*

From what I understand it's not a very big deal in Europe to see topless women on beaches.

3. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes...I do work...I actually just got home but I have to teach tonight :( . It's hard because I am so in vacation-mode.

Ronald :cool:

4. RonaldNTalina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you're right. People even get worked up seeing a woman breast-feeding her baby...crazy. We have so much sex in our movies, music, and TV shows here in the US...but we get weird regarding topless women. What a double message!

5. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree with you guys. Human bodies are the most natural thing. However they have been so sexualized that we almost HAVE to cover them up. We are taught from a very young age we need to cover certain areas of it up. So there are plenty of people ONLY think of sex when they see certain areas of the body.

Breasts SOLE purpose are to feed babies. Obviously I am not stupid tho. Men love them (usually) I think mainly because they are different then what they have. Therefore it becomes sexualized. Nothing wrong with that (hell I use it too my advantage when I need too) BUT it seems in the sexualization of boobs we have forgotten the natural and real reason they are there. I cant believe sometimes how freaked out people are by a breastfeeding woman in public. The baby is EATING, what it is ment to eat. Irritates me to no end when it is suggested that the mom take the baby into a bathroom. Seriously? Would YOU eat in a public bathroom? I wouldnt. I breastfed all my kids. In public no less. Walking around the mall or where ever. I didnt cover with a blanket either cause my babies always would push it off. It got too hard to juggle a baby and a blanket that kept falling. I was descrete as possible but I didnt wear nursing clothes either (too ugly usually). You could see my belly a little and the shirt I would put it as close as I could to cover from the top. I am NOT going to not feed my baby or whatever other option you people come up with because a BOOB makes you feel uncomfortable.

6. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry you have to work again tonight Ronald. I know about vacation mode. Really, employers should know about it too....then give you the week before and after off. I mean. Who is 100% productive those weeks? Not me? LOL!

Good plan eh? :lol:

So you teach and you see clients from what I read. Are your clients for therapy? You teach at a University? I have always liked psych but NO WAY I could deal with that all the time. About 25% of my patients have some type of significant psych or CD issues. That is ENOUGH for me. Actually, somedays, with some patients. It is more than enough. :roll: I feel bad saying that somedays but when you see the same people over and over and over. REALLY? I just saw you last month sir. I thought they commited you. Already out and back with alcohol withdrawl? :roll: I loose my patients some days....I dont show them but man some of the things I am thinking. Yeah, Well, I kinda feel bad about that. :oops:

What does the little woman do?

7. RonaldNTalina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes...I teach undergraduate and graduate classes at the university and also see clients for therapy. Most of the work I do is forensic psychology e.g., evaluate defendents, testify in court, profiling, child custody evals, etc.

I like your idea about having a week off before and after vacation :)

8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Toronto some restaurants have started posting signs that say they're boob friendly so that women can go in a breast feed.

I think boobs are sexualized because we never get to see them..... seriously.. the parts that are covered up end up being what turns us on. At one time a woman's calves were deemed too sexy and would drive men wild.... if you look back ... bathing suits started off covering most of the body... as they got smaller and smaller over time people got used to it.

You'd be hard pressed to find people that get upset about someone exposing their calves now ....

To sum it up... if you want to stop the sexualization of boobs then start showing them off.. :D :flash:

9. calowie

calowie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had twins when we lived in WI. The hospital used us as promotional material to demonstrate that a mother could nurse twins and had pictures all over the walls. If you think it is hard not feeding a single kid when it is hungry because you might offend someone- try coordinating it when there are competing schedules! They were fed whenever and wherever they wanted- to heck with those we might have offended. As said, as much as we like to look at boobs, they have a use and when full to bursting, both mom and kids want them to be used! If we told most people that boobs were simply modified sweat glands do you think that would change attitudes?

10. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I highly DOUBT men care that they are modified sweat glands! They like them too much!

It is cool that they are posting boob friendly signs, however...Really? Why? If YOU can eat there your BABY should be able to also. I know it is really a STATEMENT more than anything but it is sad that we have to come to that. Like I said I fed mine everywhere as my baby's needs come before someone being uncomfortable with it.

I wouldnt have a problem with "us" showing off the boobs more. As long as it is approprate, like if it is ok for men to be topless then woman should be able to be too. If you choose to cover them that is cool too! I mean everyone has to be comfortable with how their body is dressed and some arent comfortable with showing ANY of thier body.

I get what you are saying about the leg not being as sexualized once it became more of the norm to be shown but they still have a "sexy" feeling to them by many. It is more acceptable to show than boobs BUT they are still sexy to very many. My guess is it would be the same with boobs.

I think the issue of breastfeeding and sexualness of it really irritates me. I mean how can that turn you on? Sure it is a boob but it has a kid hanging off it! :roll:

Of course I do come from a family where my mom walked around after her shower mostly undressed so nudity wasnt a big deal. I do the same thing. I know it bothers G a bit. sometimes it is all what you are used to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice