The View

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bethy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have any of you watched it this week? They are in Vegas.
    I love summer because I get to watch all the daytime stuff!
    Anyways, Elizabeth Hassleback and Sherri Shepard went to a topless pool at one of the resorts (I wish I could remember which one) and they have talked about it for like 3 days or something. It's so funny.
    They are just amazed that women were just walking around, and carrying on conversations with each other without tops on!
    After the second day that they talked about it, I turned to my husband (who was home on his day off Wed) and said "this just cracks me up, they talked all about this yesterday, and are just so amazed that these women carried on conversations with each other while topless!"
    He laughed and said, "what would they think at Temptations?"
    I said "I know, I want to tell them, 'look honey, I've carried on conversations with men, let alone the women, while topless! Heck, I've played games, danced etc.. while topless. What's the big deal?"
    And I'm from the boonies in Illinois, not NYC!

2. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that is funny that they are so shocked that they would talk about it for several days.

I admit at first I was a little weirded out talking to topless folks last year but I got quickly got used to it as they were people worth getting to know. Last year I played a game that ened up with me topless but other than a few flashed to G I didnt go topless. This year I did a few times and after the first few times of going to the bar I was less self concious but I will say it still makes me a little self concious when it is ME. I have no problem with seeing others now while talking now. LOL! I know next year I think I will be more comfortable with it.

3. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They need to spend some time at TTR...they would talk for three weeks about Chinos alone :lol:

Ronald :cool:

4. Bethy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No kidding! :lol:

5. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But how exactly would they EXPLAIN Chinos? I think he defies explination! :lol:

This year the first day at the sexy pool he wasnt there and I was thinking day off. The next day no Chinos. Ok I was upset here. I KNOW they would never get two days off in a row. Turns out he was in Cabo working at Desire for a week (or at least the rumor says anyway) luckliy he came back near the end of our trip so we saw him a bit. I feel bad tho...my bff and her bf left before he came so I didnt feel they properly got a TTR cherry pop! :roll: He is definatly an essential there.

Really I know being topless isnt the "norm" here but really? a body is a body why do we need to cover it? What is the difference? Takes a little getting used to that is all I say.

My guess is they sat there in their chairs (or maybe VIP cabanas?) with their full suits on and didnt come out and socialize or try it. They may have not even spent enough time to get acclimated to the "climate" of the place. KWIM? I think you need a full day of hanging out with topless people to get comfortable with it and not have too many "oh wow" feelings. If you researched and knew it was topless before going then it will take a little less time. Then there are the people who have maybe always wanted to try it they just may "do it". I cant imagine talking about it for THREE days.

So the first day we were at the pool last year G and I were taking photos of each other on the sexy pool swings and this topless lady comes up and askes if we wanted her take our photo together. Sure! Handed her the camera and I will be the first to admit I was doing my best to look directly in the camera. Then she hands the camera back. I was like Wow. I just had a topless chick take my photo. Hmm that was different. LOL! But as the day wore on it just got easier. I am not sure it would have if I hadnt mingled. If I would have sat on a chair and not talked to anyone. Yeah I can see being weirded out by it. We didnt know about the towel chair game so we were forced to sit at the sexy pool swim up bar that first day as we didnt have chairs. I can say it put us in the perfect spot to mingle. Glad it did too.

6. RonaldNTalina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Couldn't agree more. After travelling to quite a few countries I have come to the conclusion that most of the world does not share our (U.S.) hangups over the human body.

7. Bethy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys are so right!

I remember after our first visit, I got home and kept thinking, as I'm at work (elementary school) "This is not who I really am, I was just topless for a week! I am really a wild woman!"

This year I couldn't wait to get back there, and now topless is just a MUST wherever we decided to vacation. Like I posted in my 'Summer Vacation' thread, I am even trying to find a way to visit the topless beach on our family vacation this summer. Of course without my boys for the day!

I just can't imagine talking about it for 3 days though. Especially since I would assume these ladies have seen a bit more of the world than I have!
    Apparently not :?

8. RonaldNTalina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know what you mean...I am psychologist in my everyday life and a wild man in Cancun...my clients would freak if they saw me in action in at TTR :lol:

9. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I could imagine! (I cant even IMAGINE my daughter's psych MD being at TTR! :shock: )

I am the same way tho. Nurse by day. Freak by vacation! Actually my very conservative man did reign me in a bit but he has loosened up his apron strings a little in the meantime too. He is a "suit" at work and even in personal life. He is getting a little more relaxed.

I want to find out what resort it is in Vegas. My next time out there it may be where we need to stay! :D

10. RonaldNTalina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes..what Vegas resort was that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice