The Superbowl sucks...discuss

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Mr Bigglesworth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, I watched that (I'm a Man U fanatic since '74); may not be as physical as "American Football" but it's a game of pure skill e.g.

[media=youtube]1ZJ2JLfwiSc[/media]

As for the golf thing; in a straight four round tournament we all know the US would crap all over the Europeans 9 times out of 10; but in pairs, four balls etc. for some reason they can't pull together and the Europeans come up trumps every time i.e. they overperform...

Nice to see a black coach winning the Superbowl; There was a debate on a local radio station in England the other day about the lack of non-white coaches in the top leagues in England; NONE in the Premiership at all;very strange...

Glad you seemed to realise I was only on a wind-up operation Mr Lambert and was a bit dwunk; was out celebrating Man Utd's victory!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Just had to check out the Cantona kung fu attack on the Crystal Palace fan again, after you reminded me of him Andy:

[media=youtube]MfwEIzcDpLM[/media]

Good footballer but crazy bloke!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    soccer in general

Felt the need to chime in on this, mainly because I have loved and played soccer all my life. Growing up, I can still remember the Cosmos, watching them play, traveling around the country and abroad, playing in tournaments, and meeting some of the nicest people in the world that felt as I do- passionate about a sport that is mainly misunderstood in this country.
    I meet many people that always ask me- "Why do you love soccer so much?"- and find it odd that I do, as an American. Well, anyone that has ever played the sport knows that soccer (sorry Ian, football :D ) is a complete game- totally complete. My opinion is that there is no other sport that encompasses so many different aspects of a "world game". Stategy- offense- defense- fitness- excitement (anyone that disagrees with this, please attend a game overseas)- I could go on. Yes, I also like and watch the NFL- and have followed that as long as I can remember. Why is it then people complain when there isn't enough scoring in soccer, and yet a great defensive NFL game is always appreciated? The underlying fact of the lack of popularity of soccer in this country (a relative lack- I know it's popular, but not compared to the other major sports) is a very sad one- it cannot generate money- and money, unfortunately, is what drives the major sports in the US. Soccer, to able to compete with these other sports in the US, would have to be able to generate lots of money- will bringing Beckham over here help? Certainly- but that's not a long term fix. I love to see new stadiums, soccer specific stadiums, being built. I've coached here in the US, and can tell you it's one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I still play in a mens over 30 league, and love it. For those that choose to ignore soccer, or continually bash it- I'll say only one thing- put on a pair of "boots", get on the "pitch" and then tell me the game is not exciting.
    :D

4. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep; mad as a bag of snakes!!! But a strutting arrogant genius; will email you separately Steve; lots to catch up on dude

5. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: soccer in general

What a guy!!! Check these out amigo; this was the best ever premiership Goal of the month compilation I've ever seen; some outrageous stuff here!!!

[media=youtube]zTrolN3CTsk[/media]

Very dull uneventful game, eh?

6. soccerscott15

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks biggs!!!
    even though i'm an arsenal fan (sorry) i think essien's goal had to be one of the best i've seen in a long time- i could not believe the bend that ball took!

7. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't help but wonder how different a game this might have been if it had been played indoors........why don't they use an indoor arena for something as big a deal as the superbowl :?: Just curious :roll:

8. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gotta say; Henry is the most gifted footballer in the world today.Wenger took an out-of-sorts winger from Inter Milan and made him into the most devastating and gifted attackers in the world.You Tube have loads of stuff on him;to many to add...but pure entertainment.

For the record, Scholes' goal won; though I think there were better ones there;probably Essien's for the importance of the game to Chelski or Taylor's (portsmouth) for pure audacity! Check out my Cantona vs Rooney link above...though there are 2 stunners from Eric vs The Arse in there just to warn you!!!

9. soccerscott15

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'd have to agree- i don't think anyone in the world has a better first touch on the ball than henry- when he's on, he's always dangerous.
    taylor's goal- was that the one from midfield? that was something-

10. soccerscott15

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i do have to say that i almost fell asleep watching the super bowl this year :-|

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice