The Superbowl sucks...discuss

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Mr Bigglesworth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this will cause controversy but if you don't come from Chicago or
    Indianapolis;isn't watching the superbowl an enormous waste of time:yeah you may have a "party" but in the morning what deep satisfaction do you retain? "Way to go! That team I hate beat another team I hate slightly less!!!!!Party time!"Sounds a bit shallow...

I'm totally partisan by nature and Can't understand this:my team (Manchester United;Yes folks;the team Beckham plied his trade for) trounced Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 today in FOOTball (the clues in the title)and I partied:However, if two other teams made it to the FA Cup Final I would have limited interest in the outcome;let alone bother to stop the world to watch it;Please explain;Whats the big deal? Sorry have to go;A guy in a motorcycle helmet has just run with an egg into a colored (thats coloured for all of you English speakers)end of a big field;I think that might be good thing!!! He didn't kick the "ball" but they insist on calling ths FOOTball;I'm confused...

PS:I'm not trashing American Football (or Gridiron as we call it)as a sport:just culturally confused:and why have it on a Sunday? Doh! When you have to go to work on a Monday;Now I'm irish but I'm not that stupid...x

2. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A billion people can't be wrong.

3. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jesus!!! That US population just keeps rising!!! Current population actually 301,101,404. The audience figures for the World Cup equalled 12 superbowls apparently;think Bush has been massaging figures again?Hi Sparkey; just asked for an explanation; that was a politicians answer; educate me dude.PS;How you doin? Really interested to find out..honestly:e.g. Who's your team?

4. saritacarita

saritacarita Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's the commercials that keep me coming back. :lol:

5. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaks Volumes!!! Nice to know you like sport for sport's sake!!!

6. saritacarita

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *nodding* It's a gift. :lol:

7. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's okay mysterious Sarah: You're a lady and therefore get a pass out of this nonsense!!! Anyway got to get to bed as it's 0100 in the morning over here and this game sucks!!!

8. saritacarita

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good night. :lol: Sweet dreams. Do you get this game over there?

9. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah..I'm watching it now...the game's just started for me as His Purple Highness has just come on!!! Always stay up to watch it, but I'm a Raiders guy;just liked the outfit and Bo Jackson!!! That's the total of my involvement

10. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you actually like football then you enjoy the game. i watch as much nfl football as possible every year because i enjoy it and its exciting to see what the past 20+ weeks of come to.

if you aren't a true football fan then why even bother thinking about the superbowl enough to say it sucks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice