the store across the street?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by letuslickunow, Jan 22, 2009.

1. letuslickunow

letuslickunow Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have read about the shop across from the resort. Wondering exactly what type of store it is, as thinking about buying toiletries and things there rather than pay for another piece of luggage. Also, can I get Pepsi there?

2. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The store across the street is very small though they do have needed items if you run out or forget them from home. A better option however is a 10 min, 75 cent bus ride to Wal-Mart. Much cheaper & open 24 hrs. Not sure if I have ever seen Pepsi in Cancun?

Scott & Lori

3. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    scott and lori are right Walmart is the way to go

4. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For medical emergencies... I've had to visit the pharmacy next to the store across the street a few times as well. Just keep it in mind if you think you might bleed out on a trip to Walmart.

5. Scott

Scott Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Waste likes to leg whip swim up bar stools. :partytime: He is infamous for opening his veins at times due to uber partying. :cooldevil:

Hey Waste, when are you heading to TTR again?

The drug store across the street is expensive but has needed supplies if you go out and drink the wrong water, get too much sun, drink too much, etc. They also sell cigarettes, etc. And yes, Walmart is cheapest and just a busride away.

6. gardy121

gardy121 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We found lots of things in there, we plan on getting instead of packing them next time. The one I am thinking of is more of in the same parking lot, not really across the street, but they have a couple of computers you can get internet access through, all the suntan lotions, fancy bottled waters, pepto and other OTC medicines, snacks like crackers and cookies and then cokes and pepsis and all.

Also they have some different kinds of beer in case you get tired of XX, but keep in mind Bud and Bud lights are imports- so they are higher.

We plan on getting sunscreen there instead of packing it next trip- last time we put on lotion in the room, and then kept the spray stuff with us at the pool to reapply to "highly exposed areas"- plus you don't worry as much about being oggled rubbing lotion into ..... you know. Plus last time we left the rest of what we had of the spray stuff with the bartender by the swim up bar, to spray people he saw getting burned. I think it would be a good thing if everyone left it there when you leave instead of packing it for the trip home- and then you could kind of count on the bartenders having some handy in case you ran out, or left it in the room etc... They probably pay more attention to people burning that we do when we're getting hammered and in and out of the water all the time anyway.

The store seemed to be a little cheaper than the one in the resort for souvenirs also, but some were probably a little less quality. But we had no problems or worries running across the parking lot for things we needed or forgot. Never really made the trip to walmart though.

7. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Senor Scott,

Not sure... might do my Bday again, still up in the air. Pretty sure May is out again this year as I have to go overseas for 2 weeks for work again. Wouldn't be so bad if I could get Baby Waste a fake ID and bring him along, but short of that, 3 full weeks away in a month is too much :D

I think he'd fit in... he partied to 4am this past NYEs, almost 2 hours past his buddies; and still wanted breakfast at 7am. Thinking back, I think my parents had it easy compared to what I'm in for!

8. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Wally World

We ran across the street because I forgot my make-up at home :shock: Anyway, they have very little in the way of that kind of stuff but the liquor store carried our favorite Absolut and Red Bull. I ended up paying a cabbie in front of the resort to take me to Wal-Mart (a place I swore I would never visit in Cancun), wait while I ran in to purchase some mascara and he charged me $25. It was worth it because it took a short time and we were back out in the sun where we should have been.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice