The Ritz and Children?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by familyfun, Apr 6, 2007.

1. familyfun

familyfun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone have past experience with staying at the Ritz with very young kids? Mine are 6, 5, 4, 3.... my husband has been on deployment for several months and always wanted to stay there, so I was going to surprise him. But only if they are kid friendly.

Lindsay

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to move this into the Cancun Info Forum.

I can't answer from experience with this particular Ritz but the others I have stayed at have not been the most kid friendly places.

Hopefully someone will come along who can give you a firm answer.

3. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Barcelo Resorts and Palace Resorts would be more kid friendly.

I personally, like the Rivera Maya instead of Cancun with that many smaller children...the waters are calmer, resorts more spread out, and more to do 'on premisis' with the little ones.

We have stayed at Barcelo Tropical, Moon Palace, XpuHa Palace with our kiddos...and haven't been disappointed and definitely didn't feel 'out of place' with little ones.

4. familyfun

familyfun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did like Palace Resorts

We stayed at the Moon Palace without the kids and it did seem really nice. I also like the Xpu Ha Palace.... But since it is a surprise for my husband I thought we would try the Ritz...ahhh... but perhaps we will have to save that for a romantic vacation just the two of us...

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Ritz, IMHO, is too snobish. And you can always stay at a Ritz in the US.

My favorite has always been Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, annually in the Top 10 Beach Hotels in Mexico. It has a pool setup that is like 600 feet from one end to the other. The Ritz will pretty much keep you captive on property as it is not real convenient to walk anywhere. FAGCB is in the middle of everything. This place has the best breakfast buffet you can imagine and the basic room type is an Executive Suite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice