The owner of the City...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by P H I L A D E L P H, Mar 2, 2008.

1. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems to me that wilma in 2005 and then the arrest of the owner of the city sorta of killed off some of cancun.

When that guy was around, he seemed to have some real connections. He had MTV there and all kinds of real celebrities. I remember seeing a video of him talking sh*t to pauly shore saying that he wasn't a real celebrity worthy to be in his vip. Since he's been locked up, the shows down there for spring break have been pretty much b and c list acts.

I have a feeling that if the right people get involved in buying the city and bring it back to life, more investors will be attracted to cancun and may even bring it back to its glory days as the spring break capital of the world.

you cannot deny that cancun is not nearly as good for spring break as it was 5-15 years ago. *but is still the best place to be, bottom line.

2. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When was he arrested? Are Akon, LIL Jon, Young Jeezey and Young Joc B and C List acts?

3. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea, actually they are pretty much b lists acts compared to cancun of old.

you compare them to 50 cent, eminem, dr. dre, ludacris...bush back in 96, biggie back in 95....snoop in 2003...even markymark in 92!

seriously...they are each b list in my opinion. the likes of fergie last year, fall out boy, young joc...these aren't good spring break acts.

50 cent drew HUMONGOUS crowds in 2005. its a totally different ball game when you are talking real A-List shows.

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Surely Fall out boy and Akon are world wide huge ?
    There top of the billboard charts across the world same as dre, eminem where back then which they are no longer !

5. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    record sales are incredibly irrelevant to my point.

my bet is they will not draw a crowd anything like someone such as snoop, ludacris and so on.

and, by the way, any commercial release by any of those artists would crush fall out boy and akon in terms of record sales (again, which is totally irrelevant to this topic)

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well prob not as they grew a huge following through the 90s earli 00s where as these acts booked are new so the fan base hasnt had chance to grow so much but they are what is at the top these days where as the others have slipped away so i would say a more current and fresh act to book rather than dwelling on back in day when they havnt had much in way of classic songs in some time.

7. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the closing of fat tuesdays and la boom where big hits to the spring break scene. these were the places to be a few years back.

i remember being in cancun and celebs and huge crowds being everywhere on any given night. you would have a tuesday night with say ludacris at the city, TI at fat tuesdays, viva la bam at daddy'os

it really isn't anything like that anymore.

and celebs don't make the party but the crowds aren't nearly as big either. i hadn't seen a large crowd at fat tuesday's since spring break 2004.

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was sad to see Fat tuesday go it really was the party i most look forward to in the week every tuesday! was my last day in 06 amazing night!

to be fair though sometimes i do like it just as an out and out clubnight when the acts play it can be more like a concert and just cramped and stuck in same place all night never get to mingle and meet people!

9. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Luda was there in 07, gym class heroes, Fergie, fat joe, Lil Jon

10. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This years officially announced live acts aren't that impressive.. I must admit. It just seems less of a hype as it was 2 or 3 years ago.. Flo Rida has one hit song.. period.. In 2005 50 Cent had what.. 10 so far?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice