The New Mega

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Dec 31, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a new Mega on Lopez Portillo, just east of Ave. Kabah. It's brand new. The shopping carts haven't been hit by cars yet, so they roll very smoothly. And the prices are pretty low to lure customers. I usually hate the lighting in supermarkets, but this place seems to have ok lights. Anyway ya'll should check it out...before the carts get smashed and the prices go up...and the lights burn out..

2. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    where is this in relationship to the old one that burnt down?

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The old one was next to Costco on Ave Kabah. That's near the Parque Kabah and Ave. Yaxchilan.

The new one is maybe a half a mile away, you'd go north on Kabah and turn right on Lopez Portillo.

A Mega employee told me that the near-Costco Mega will be rebuilt. But this is Mexico, where employees often know nothing of what they speak, so she may have just been trying to be nice by lying to me or making something random up...

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bad thing is that the directions given by RG, althogh they are the shortest as the pelican flies, ist that you have to drive past the new Mega for several blocks till there is a return. Or, from Kabah you can also take a right on Chichen Itza, then left on Palenque then left on Lopez Portillo; or from Kabah, go past Lopez Portillo to Ruta 4, go to the right, then behind Mega, making a right at the first light. This way you can turn into Mega just before you get back up to Lopez.

I have driven there using all 3 routes and still don't know which I like the best, or hate the worst.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh TJ, Did you have to open that can of worms? Yes, the new Mega is hard to get to. From Kabah I go through the Lopez Portillo intersection and then turn right and snake through the back streets and come out on the east side of Mega. It's all right turns and no traffic, but it takes a bit of doing to figure out which street to go down.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG - je je.

I would not want anyone to get crunched by a bus or taxi while they are making a U-turn on Lopez.

7. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks coming in Next wed 1/14, will check it out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice